Sound Off!!... show off the systems and what you've done

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Love this thread guy :thumbup: currently looking to throw a lil bit into my truck, im settled on the speakers and everything, just unsure of what head unit. I guess I will throw up the 2 web pages and let you guys decide. Im leaning toward trying out the DVD unit because of the return policy, no matter what I can return it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_077SD900W/Valor-SD-900W.html?tp=20217

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX395/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X395.html?tp=5684

Or maybe....

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDE122/Alpine-CDE-122.html

Thanks guys

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Love this thread guy :thumbup: currently looking to throw a lil bit into my truck, im settled on the speakers and everything, just unsure of what head unit. I guess I will throw up the 2 web pages and let you guys decide. Im leaning toward trying out the DVD unit because of the return policy, no matter what I can return it.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_077SD900W/Valor-SD-900W.html?tp=20217

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX395/Kenwood-Excelon-KDC-X395.html?tp=5684

Or maybe....

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500CDE122/Alpine-CDE-122.html

Thanks guys

I would look into JVC man. That alpine is nice but its definitely low line, the Kenwood is the same, and the Valor is cheap, yes you can keep returning it but do you really want to keep going through that.

JVC Arsenal is IMO one of the best budget lines offered, look into Clarion as well.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I would look into JVC man. That alpine is nice but its definitely low line, the Kenwood is the same, and the Valor is cheap, yes you can keep returning it but do you really want to keep going through that.

JVC Arsenal is IMO one of the best budget lines offered, look into Clarion as well.

I ended up pulling the trigger on this 2 hours before you answered LOL. It had everything I was looking for, and the app to control the music on my droid is pretty awesome, it even categorized the songs into moods.... Tell me thats not entertaining. Now I have to look into some shallow subs to go behind the seat....

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Bumping this up. Sealed the back wall and and all doors in and out. Ported 10" l7. 10" shallow punches under the bench, this is temporary until I make a box for 3 down firing subs. Polk mm speakers in all corners.

17eb5bc0.jpg

2039fb3f.jpg

da894613.jpg

c810aae6.jpg

e45296b7.png

8e49e4cf.png

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i wanna get a nice deck setup with nav.. but i dont really wanna lose sync or my steering wheel controls. are the bluetooth setups with some decks nice? steering wheel controls work? also would only want one with white or green lights to match the interior

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
That looks really good buddy! How come you deleted the vents? How was removing all that rear panel? Any tips or tricks?

Its pretty much straight forward. Just have to break your back a little being hunched over so much. Only downfall is the whole truck smelling like asphalt, seems to be going away though. I'm already in need of more bass, and don't mind the zip tied amps LOL

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
With that oddball set-up you need to start playing with phase. I bet there's more bass there...you just have to tune it.
I'd start with one box at a time. Play with phase and get that amp dialed in then kill it and do the other, then play them together. If it seems to drop off with both boxes running start reversing phase again.
2 different boxes tuned to different points is gonna take some work to bring together.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
I hope there is a little more in it, thats what i attempted to do on the first go around. Killed one and listened to the other. I still need to bring it somewhere to get it tuned, my green ear isnt cutting it. Thank you for the tip.

DSTRYER

Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the lower tool tray and "lift" the back seat to accomadate a box and a pair of 10's? I would like to try this but if it isn't possible, I can try a different approach

BeauxPete

Reaction score
Dont know how I missed this section but here is my setup:

Complete deadner throughout truck. Floor, roof, doors, pillars, and walls. Basically if it came off and you could see metal we deadend it. Left behind the dash. Was scared to tackle that. Kenwood DNX7190HD with all the options... JL Audio Compenents up front. JL's in back as well as two JL 13's in custom box. JL Audio HD1200/1 and HD600/4. Overkill but the bastards loud as hell.. PS... I left my rear vents in due to pressure problems and doors not shutting all the way after deadner install...

jdc753

Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the lower tool tray and "lift" the back seat to accomadate a box and a pair of 10's? I would like to try this but if it isn't possible, I can try a different approach

Not going to be too easy due to the way the seat bolts to the floor. The rear bolts go straight down into the floor, but the front bolts go down at an angle, so if you lift the rear with a puck or spacer then the front will no longer line up. So you would have to have some sort of an offset adapter to get things to line up. I have only heard of 1 person do it, it was a friend of Tanks, and he said they made up a bracket out of some channel to bolt to the floor and then bolt the seat to that.

Dont know how I missed this section but here is my setup:

Complete deadner throughout truck. Floor, roof, doors, pillars, and walls. Basically if it came off and you could see metal we deadend it. Left behind the dash. Was scared to tackle that. Kenwood DNX7190HD with all the options... JL Audio Compenents up front. JL's in back as well as two JL 13's in custom box. JL Audio HD1200/1 and HD600/4. Overkill but the bastards loud as hell.. PS... I left my rear vents in due to pressure problems and doors not shutting all the way after deadner install...

There ya go, truck is probably pretty quiet inside when the stereo isn't blasting. Oh, and there is no such thing as overkill unless you are removing the seats to wall things off or to fit a massive box :evil

yotaneck13

Reaction score
Im not into it as big as some of uou are.

2 kicker comp 15s under the rear seats
Mtx 1500 amp
Pioneer headunit and xplods in all 4 doors.

Next time i have my rear seats out ill post up some pics

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

KingRanch6.0L

Reaction score
i just mounted the amps under the floor. put the 15' L7 on the folded up single seat in the back and hooked up 2 extra 6x9 that i can throw on the roof at the beach

KingRanch6.0L

Reaction score
so im swapping out the bench for captain chairs and i am going to attempt to make a box for the rear that goes between the back seats to the back of the front center console.

The issue that im going to run into is that im doing this with a 15' solo baric L7 so it might be too much of a squeeze.

AKHILF

Reaction score
That's the same thing I'm doing this summer other than subs. I'm using my 2 L7 12's and putting my amp on top under some plexi. Found some buckets yesterday. I'm pretty excited.

Latest posts

Members online