South bend street DD clutch

dbunyip

Reaction score
My Current clutch isn't happy. Anyone running the south bend street DD clutch? How do you like it? or better yet, anyone in the central valley CA have one I can try? Don't want to spend $2k on a clutch just to throw it away. I kinda want to go auto but that's another $6k at least.... would be smarter to find a good clutch

under pressure

Reaction score
Not sure on that one, we used a Valair ceramic button behind a cummins DD with 1022 fpt on 36s. There was a slight learning curve as its either in or out, not much middle ground...
Holding strong for a couple years now. Price wasnt bad either, but i see the differences, the valair is a single vs. double which has more holding power.

dbunyip

Reaction score
Im guessing im somewhere around 550hp. I dont want something with a stupid heavy pedal. But will hold

JHILL

Reaction score
In my experiance the 2 previous 3600# ceramics/diaphram and the sinterd iron/lever style currently, pedal pressure will be stock or less. SBC =A+

ryanss22

Reaction score
I have a valair dual disk that's ceramic on my OBS, and love it... A ittle more pedal pressure but then again its built to meet SFI specs.

If you plan on doing any sled pulling or drag racing just spend the lil extra on a clutch setup for that.

jaybuller

Reaction score
Are these suitable for lower hp (450) trucks that tow a bit?

i know the sb 3250 dd works awesome in a 450hp tow truck. smoother than stock about same pressure mabey a tad less. I loved mine and it held everything just fine. I believe it was rated for 650hp.

jaybuller

Reaction score
smoother than stock...\ but I never towed heavier than 12k pounds. it was smooth as could be. i think it was smoother because you can slip it more than a single disc.

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Running a 3600 dd sb, couldn't be happier... Had a single disk valair ceramic in a previous truck and it would hold abything you wanted to throw at it, but it was like a light switch, on or off. The 36

nwpastroker

Reaction score
Whoops! Fat finger syndrome. The 3600 has very similar pedal pressure to stock. During break in it almost makes you think it will never hold when you let it open up. But it will. At 550hp, dual disk is a must if you enjoy cruising around at all. Either brand will work great!!

mandkole

Reaction score
I will likely have a clutch in my future as well. I dont beat on it, but the luk gold kit has been in the truck for 55K so far (the last 15K with sig mods and pulling 8-10K). I've never smelled it or had it slip, but the engagement is moving out with lining wear.

I've always wondered about the DD because they seem to be the next step from the upgrade disk like I have. Ya hear so many reports... Not sure what to do.

Latest posts

Members online