Spartan not starting?

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Sooo I got started on my exhaust, CAI, and tuner. Well I had to stop early. Father inlaw said "awe it will be fone you can finish it tomorrow". Well I fired the truck up and got white smoke. Shut it down and tried to load the 310LL. Said it couldnt find a vehicle. Disconnected OBD2 port, waited and reconnected the port. Find the truck and loaded the 310LL. Still wont start. Returning the truck to stock and reloading the 310LL. Jeff told me this tuner does not require bungs on the 5 inch flopro. Other threads on other forums say it does require it. Is this correct? Also said do not run the truck with out full exhaust.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Ok so I reloaded the stock file. Truck fired up. Turned it off real quick. Loading thev310LL now. Can I drive this truck without the rest of the exhaust on?

3brorce

Reaction score
Ya. What do you have exhaust coming out of the downpipe? I rolled around like that for a little while with my SCT.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Yeah shop is only a hald mile away. Left the DP on and drove home and came back. Up here now finishing it up.

AllanB

Reaction score
Yeah, there was a mix up when I ordered my 5"exhaust. I received a 4" exhaust and had already cut the 4" exhaust off when I open the box to find another 4" exhaust. I just rode around for over a week with nothing but a down pipe. SCT, no problem.

3brorce

Reaction score
Hell, I drove my truck about 15 miles with my exhaust on and no tune.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Spartan does not need bungs.... Im not sure who does anymore, I know H&S or SCT required them but at some point whoever did, or one of the companies that did stopped requiring them....

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Well I have a MM on my 08. I need to figure out what all these gauge abreviations stand for, and it pissed me off when I have to power cycle it 2 or 3 times a day to get it to connect to my truck, but I am sure Mick can help me out with that tomorrow when I call. It is a lot more smokey then my minimax is. I have only put like 7 miles on it since I got it finished today. I figured it would be more smokey after watching youtube videos. My wife drives the Spartan more then I do anyhow. I also need to get the trans relearn figured out. I am currently running the 310EL. Took it out and ran 0-70mph at 1/4 throttle and came to a stop. Did it on half throttle and full throttle as well. Still have harsh shifts, which I read the updates have cured. IDK

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Oh and I got it all figured out. I still dont know why it keeps disconnecting from my truck, but I returned it to stock, loaded the 310 tune, and it fired right up. Got the 5inch FP and afe CAI put in today. Im gonna pull the cab and do studs and EGR delete this summer.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Well I have a MM on my 08. I need to figure out what all these gauge abreviations stand for, and it pissed me off when I have to power cycle it 2 or 3 times a day to get it to connect to my truck, but I am sure Mick can help me out with that tomorrow when I call. It is a lot more smokey then my minimax is. I have only put like 7 miles on it since I got it finished today. I figured it would be more smokey after watching youtube videos. My wife drives the Spartan more then I do anyhow. I also need to get the trans relearn figured out. I am currently running the 310EL. Took it out and ran 0-70mph at 1/4 throttle and came to a stop. Did it on half throttle and full throttle as well. Still have harsh shifts, which I read the updates have cured. IDK

PM sent.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.