Spartan tuner

punkrockford

Reaction score
I am buying a new spartan tuner and am wondering how high can i go before i start having to beef up the tranny. I am not really going to beat on the truck much but i am sure i will put my foot in it once and a while. Also what would be the right tune for towing a 10,000lb trailer? 2010 F250 ccsb 19,000 miles. no other mods as I am going to wait for the warranty to expire before the rest of the mods.

Thanks guys for any advise.

webb06

Reaction score
i run the 275 LL daily. ive made roughly 15 passes at the strip and toasted my converter on the 310 EL. tranny is acting a little funny also so im going to rebuild it with suncoast parts. your ought to live for quite awhile if you dont plan on racing it or anything like that. i would run the 275 tune for the best mileage tho. and i you can tow with it too or step down to the 210 tow performance tune. but i only go down to that when im pulling a loaded gooseneck

fnlyfree

Reaction score
The stock trans is tough, but when you add 200-300 horsepower and start pushing that 1000 lb-ft torque, it is not going to last long. I started with the 210 and after a week went to 250. The next day I loaded the 275 etc. etc. Addicted. I watched my converter slip from the beginning. After 6 months of the 275 - 310 tunes I started seeing more and more slip. It's not gone yet, but it's on the way out.

rollincoal6.4

Reaction score
I've been running Spartan for about 18 months or so. Like everyone, I started with the 210 and quickly went up. I monitor everything since day 1 and my tcslip havent changed a bit, still always under 7. I was running the 300EL but recently switched back to the 275LL. For whatever reason the 275LL shifting is way smoother for me than the EL tunes. When I'm towing heavy, which isn't often, I always drop down to the 210 tune.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
A guy who worked on my friends 6.4 said he did a 6.4 with a spartan with the 310 tune or whatever it is and he put a billet torque converter and he said the guy ended up doing more mods and ended up making 600 horse I want to say, maybe more or less, I don't really remember but he's still just running the TC

Pmac21

Reaction score
Ive been running either the 275 or 300 tune almost everyday since I tuned my truck 25k miles ago. It has seen the 310 a time or two, and still no tc slip and it shifts fine. I'm with Jeff. It all depends on how you drive it.

punkrockford

Reaction score
So what i am seeing is tow with nothing higher then the 210 tune and i can go to the 300 tune as long as i don't beat on the truck to hard. then as soon as my warranty is up build the tranny?

Latest posts

Members online