SRP 1.1 Install Questions

edge186

Reaction score
Working on installing SRP 1.1 but I'm not quite sure how to disconnect the old fittings to use the new ones that came with the pump.. Anyone have an idea? Here are a couple pics of the old and new
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339467259.098874.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339467280.793399.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339467297.755476.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339467310.010865.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
There is actually a tool for the STC fittings, but above where the STC rubber is insert something thin, on both sides to support it as much as possible. Press down and it should unlock.

edge186

Reaction score
Great thanks. I was half tempted to try that but feared I'd ruin something. I'll give it a shot and let you know what happens. Thanks for the help.

edge186

Reaction score
There is actually a tool for the STC fittings, but above where the STC rubber is insert something thin, on both sides to support it as much as possible. Press down and it should unlock.

Press down as in towards the threads, correct?

TARM

Reaction score
Pick up "Upholstery clip tool" from any of the auto stores. Take a dremel or round file and start to round the opening to fit the STC fitting. You will get the idea when you see it. Will take about 5-10 mins. The tool is $5-$15. It will work exactly as the "proper" tool works. Putting a little bevel grind on the inside edge so it ramps up in thickness from the edge will make it basically exactly like the STC tool. But it will work fine either way. I have made a few of these and keep them in my vehicle, along with a set of the hpop hoses and 2 gal of oil, as well as one in my various tool chests so I always have one. Nothing worse then being on the side of the road at night in the dark with a blown hose and no way to change it out. The two screw driver thing only works easily when its convenient. Trust me on the side of the road it will for whatever reason be a royal PITA.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/OEM-Upholstery-clip-tool/_/N-25qz?itemIdentifier=48579_0_0_

This one is $9.99

You can also do it with a door trim tool as well. Anything that gives you that basic flat metal paddle end with a cut out thats not too large to begin with. I like the above as its solid and the right thickness.

Here is a before and after photo of what it looks like. These are two tools as you can see they have dif color handles but they were both the same org design. The red is still org and the black is modded for the STC fittings. That is all there is too it.

P1050183.jpg

P1050184.jpg

BTW its also a good idea to have one extra and keep it unmodified to pull those plastic fittings that hold on things like the molded rubber on top the radiator or the inner wheel well covers etc... Its amazing how well a proper tool works compared to trying to make due with something else not designed to that job..

Latest posts

Members online