SRP1.1 with Gen3

isootmypants

Reaction score
Been thinking about this and wondering if it would help gen3 issues. Since most people run a stock pump with gen3, they have romp issues and starvation issues on start up or at stops. Most people who do that, run 300/200, 400/400, etc. And since the stock pump does not have the direct volume on start up or low idle, it has some issues. If the SRP1.1 is used, would the bigger volume of the pump help the start up and low idle issues since its a bigger volume pump, and then the gen3 will aid in supplying enough oil for whatever size injector. Or will this be TOO much oil? If there is such a thing...

JD3020

Reaction score
I thought the problem with starting was the gen 3 sucking the oil res/LPO dry and causing the HPOP to starve for LPO? I know my truck with 250/200%'s and a 15* starts up just fine with no romp.

isootmypants

Reaction score
I thought the problem with starting was the gen 3 sucking the oil res/LPO dry and causing the HPOP to starve for LPO? I know my truck with 250/200%'s and a 15* starts up just fine with no romp.

Yea. I'm saying the extra volume held within the srp compared to a stock pump would be able to fire injectors off and not need to suck so much oil given by gen3 and possibly make the resi and lpop stay somewhat full

Reaction score
I have a SRP1.1 with a gen3 on my built motor but I haven't started it yet so... I don't help much

---Clayton
2002 eclb 7.3- for sale
1990 Chevy K1500- for sale
race truck- in the works
2003 Subaru wrx wagon- new dd toy
sent from the sh!tter withTapatalk2

Reaction score
Lol motors done. Gotta finish the rest of the truck

---Clayton
2002 eclb 7.3- for sale
1990 Chevy K1500- for sale
race truck- in the works
2003 Subaru wrx wagon- new dd toy
sent from the sh!tter withTapatalk2

PSDEng

Reaction score
Do you have the reservoir feed line for the Gen3? If not I'd say that would be the first step. As far as lpops the only two options I know of are the mellings or Dieselsites.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Do you have the reservoir feed line for the Gen3? If not I'd say that would be the first step. As far as lpops the only two options I know of are the mellings or Dieselsites.

No no. I am not running it yet. I was talking to Todd keeny and Klunk yesterday, and we were trying to come up with ideas. I know there's a line that runs to the oil port by the pan

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.