Stage 1 Injectors

96_Powerstroke

Reaction score
Ok, I made a post a couple days about getting stage 2's and a D66. Ive been thinking and decided to just go with something smaller like stage 1's and put the rest of the money in body work. So here's my question, If I get stage 1 injectors, will I need to upgrade anything else? All info would be great. Thanks

97powerstroke

Reaction score
To get the full potential out of stage ones I would upgrade to e fuel and an upgraded hpop pump. You could skip the d66 and run the stocker(as long as its healthy) for now. My opinion the truck will run better with the e fuel and hpop pump upgrade with the stage ones versus getting stage ones and a d66. You also have to look into upgrading the trans also. When I upgraded to e fuel and an adrenaline hpop pump it was a night and day difference with my stage ones.

Binder man

Reaction score
A set of babies will run off stock fuel and oil as long as the HPOP is in good condition! Let me know if I can get you a price

96F350KID

Reaction score
Baby Swamps are 150CC. Personally unless you are just going to keep the stock turbo. I'd get a set of 160/stock nozzles. Baby swamps are great but once you add more air(bigger turbo) you have the issue of running out of fuel. Have a customer now with baby swamps and a S366 and it uses all the fuel and he needs more. Hes an older gentleman and doesn't "hot rod" the truck but wants more power for towing. Hes getting a set of Full Force 160/100(stages 2s) here now! Let me know if you're interested bud we offer a package deal with stage 1 &2s with tunes!

96twofiddy

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming stage 1's require an intercooler? I was looking at throwing some stage 1's at my truck too. Sorry, not trying to thread jack.

JD3020

Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming stage 1's require an intercooler? I was looking at throwing some stage 1's at my truck too. Sorry, not trying to thread jack.

It'd be nice to have, but not needed.

I run the crap out of my truck with 250/200%s on a stock turbo and no IC, gets hot but driving it normal i never see more than 1000*, and thats with horrible up-pipe leaks. Haven't towed heavy with it yet but on the highway it can cruise at 70 around 725*.

96_Powerstroke

Reaction score
To get the full potential out of stage ones I would upgrade to e fuel and an upgraded hpop pump. You could skip the d66 and run the stocker(as long as its healthy) for now. My opinion the truck will run better with the e fuel and hpop pump upgrade with the stage ones versus getting stage ones and a d66. You also have to look into upgrading the trans also. When I upgraded to e fuel and an adrenaline hpop pump it was a night and day difference with my stage ones.

The original owner who I bought the truck from said he replaced the trans and it only has 90,000 miles on it. But I didnt ask him if he upgraded it or not. Im going to try to find his number and call him.

96twofiddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I already have an egt gauge. Just have a weak stock injector, figured might as well upgrade. What brands are yall using?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
If the tunes are good you must use something to cool the egt's..IC really best option.
Stock fuel will work fine.
15* HPOP may be all that's needed just check pressure and % once your done..many have found they will handle stage 1's.

A few other tricks will help.

Full Force...is what we sell.

Binder man

Reaction score
Babies as in baby swamps and yes 150CC. My favorite combo to drive around is babies and stock turbo.

I sell Swamps injectors obviously, 5 year 200K mile warranty is very hard to beat in this business. And they are very affordable.

96_Powerstroke

Reaction score
Babies as in baby swamps and yes 150CC. My favorite combo to drive around is babies and stock turbo.

I sell Swamps injectors obviously, 5 year 200K mile warranty is very hard to beat in this business. And they are very affordable.

How much would baby swamps cost me?

96F350KID

Reaction score
Same as any other "stage 1s" around $1100 we're running a special this month if you buy injectors and tunes you'll save $200!!

neverkickn

Reaction score
I have a set of stage 1's that I just got back from unlimited diesel today. They are AC injectors with stock nozzles. Pm me if you are interested in them and we can talk price.

96twofiddy

Reaction score
I have looked at Swamps. Didn't know they had that good of a warranty. I only know 1 person with a modded diesel but his is a 6.0. I will have to seriously consider them. What is a realistic power number for a stock 7.3 with stage 1 swamps? They say 350 but we all know advertised doesn't mean much.

Latest posts

Members online