stage 2 injectors .....no chip

8inchstroker

Reaction score
As the title says.....if im running bigger injectors and no chip,would it be possibe this is causinG SES LIGHT?

blackbetty13

Reaction score
yep most likely ur draining ur fuelbowl or its getting to hot i ran stage 3s witha stock turbo and this happened

CSIPSD

Reaction score
As the title says.....if im running bigger injectors and no chip,would it be possibe this is causinG SES LIGHT?

What year truck and what kind of "stage 2" injectors...

Didnt give us much to go on...

yep most likely ur draining ur fuelbowl or its getting to hot i ran stage 3s witha stock turbo and this happened

Speak english...:cursing:

Tell me what sensor will set a SES light if "ur draining ur fuelbowl"?

Tell me what sensor will set a SES light if "getting to hot"?

ur? yep? witha???:shrug:

8inchstroker

Reaction score
01 ..........not sure who's injectors. Been running them for many yrs. Also has an h2e turbo.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
01 ..........not sure who's injectors. Been running them for many yrs. Also has an h2e turbo.

With no chip or programer?

Have you always had a SES light?

Are you sure you have Stage 2 injectors?

If you do it sounds as if they are split shot stage 2, which more then likely would cause a SES light from low ICP pressures.

8inchstroker

Reaction score
i have never ran truck with no chip untill now...........:doh: Thanks for the responses.:thumbsup:

blackbetty13

Reaction score

lol ur=your. One night i was on it for to long and at the time i had stock turbo, stage 3 injectors and stage 1 tuning. i had a slight loss of power (ran out of fuel). and then the cel came on i turned truck off and popped the hood. i had never felt my engine that hot before when i went to start it back up after cooling down the light was no longer on??

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
i have never ran truck with no chip untill now...........:doh: Thanks for the responses.:thumbsup:

So you just took the chip off and now am having trouble????

Does it start hard and idle funny???

If they are a normal Stage two injector (single shot) You will NEED a chip to run them right in a 99 and newer 7.3L. Even some 97 pickups will need specal tunning to run single shots..

Single shots take more timing at a idle to run right..

neverkickn

Reaction score
lol ur=your. One night i was on it for to long and at the time i had stock turbo, stage 3 injectors and stage 1 tuning. i had a slight loss of power (ran out of fuel). and then the cel came on i turned truck off and popped the hood. i had never felt my engine that hot before when i went to start it back up after cooling down the light was no longer on??

You likely had some kind of oil related code. It wont flash the light for fuel and overheat issues alone.

mnstroker

Reaction score

If you run the fuel pressure low enough long enough you will throw a ses light for icp uncontrollable. I did it the other weekend when my prepump filter plugged.

Big Bore

Reaction score

LOL LOL LOL

Seriously, stop huffing paint. It's bad for you.

LMAO, how will running stage II injectors without a chip cause an SES, but with a chip it won't? How will it drain the fuel bowl on stock PCM, but with a chip it won't?

I can tell you...it won't. The stock PCM fueling is way less than the chip. If you are getting an SES, you need to scan for the code.

Here's an even more interesting tidbit. You can run single shot stage II's on a stock split shot PCM, and it won't throw an SES.

mattymx

Reaction score
If you run the fuel pressure low enough long enough you will throw a ses light for icp uncontrollable. I did it the other weekend when my prepump filter plugged.

HUH??? ICP is strictly oil related. It doesnt really have anything to do with fuel. You could have a totally dry fuel tank and you will still have the HPOP pumping oil oil through the injectors. :shrug:

Austin

Reaction score

That's interesting. You wouldn't assume it would affect it because icp is reading from the head, where fuel shouldn't have much if any influence.

Austin

Reaction score
HUH??? ICP is strictly oil related. It doesnt really have anything to do with fuel. You could have a totally dry fuel tank and you will still have the HPOP pumping oil oil through the injectors. :shrug:

Beat me damnit lol

CSIPSD

Reaction score

I understand what it means, but your not texting your girlfriend about the next time your going to shave your head to get even with her.

Had nothing to do with the heat or the fuel pressure...

Stop posting worthless crap and learn some stuff about your motor...:cursing:

Arisley

Reaction score
I remember I got the same talk from Joe way back in the day. Well about learning the motor before I talk about it anyway. I even text in full sentences.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I understand what it means, but your not texting your girlfriend about the next time your going to shave your head to get even with her.

LOL LOL LOL

Had nothing to do with the heat or the fuel pressure...

Stop posting worthless crap and learn some stuff about your motor...:cursing:

See Blackbetty, now you went and got CSI riled, that doesn't happen often. Congratulations kid. He's probably forgotten more about the 7.3 than you'll ever know.

:badidea:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.