Stall speed

Sequential6.4L

Reaction score
as long as your running stock turbos, or another quick spooling VGT setup I think the lower stall will do really well, you run lower tranny temps for towing an what not I think with the lower stall, your egts might climb a little quicker in return though, like monster said it depends on what your doing, im happy with factory stall speed so I probably wont ever change but if i did i would go lower stall..i like the driving feel of your engine having a more direct connection to the rear wheels like you get with the lower stall

bigsix300

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Want a good towing machine and I thought the factory stall speed was a bit high. From the way I understood that lower stall will keep tranny temps way lower when towing. I would also think that a lower stall would help clutch life in the converter cause rpm would be closer to matching before tc lockup but programming may hafto go with it.

Thumbed out on my infected phone.

White_monster

Reaction score
Lower stall is good but it comes at a price. If you run large turbos spool up can suffer with the lower stall. Like I said contact a tq builder and discuss your use and intentions and they will point you in the right direction.

Spderjhn

Reaction score
According to rcd website stock ism2200 my pi converter seems to be at the 1800.range

CamTom12

Reaction score
One way to find out - someone that doesn't have ice-covered roads: from a stop and idle in drive, stand on your skinny pedal and let us know what it flashes to :D

pog

Reaction score
Yup stock tc stall is 2200. Talked to a rep @ suncoast.

Latest posts

Members online