Starting from stock

6.Farmin

Reaction score
So I bought my '08 F350 ccsb Lariat back in August and absolutely love the truck, but the thought of those tree hugging devices choking my engine has been torture. I knew I wanted to mod my truck before I even bought it... I was dead set on a 6.7 Powerstroke for a year or 2 but at the end of the day they were out of my budget and I came across a really good deal on my very low mile 6.4. I'd done all the research on 6.7 mods and knew exactly what I wanted but now I've been trying to figure out the best set-up for my truck. I've been saving up and researching parts/reviews and I think I have an idea of what I all want to get for my truck this spring.

I'm thinking of full "emissions removal" with:
-Turbo back 4" stainless straight pipe, my cousin runs a Diamond Eye on his 24v Cummins and likes it... I've also heard good about MBRP.
-Full e gr deleet kit with wastegate (again not sure on brand)
-CAI, I was told No Limit was the way to go when it comes to intakes
-Lpfp, likely either Air Dog or Fass
-Custom tuning, from my research it sounds like Gaerhead tunes is what I would want.

Then the list of things I might add if the budget allows
-CCV reroute
-Traction bars

I want to build my truck into a bullet proof reliable daily driven truck that has no problem pulling heavy loads around the farm when needed with a very streetable 500-600hp over the course of the next few years. Keeping that in mind, what are guy's experiences with different brands? Sponsors what do you guys have available? What would you recommend? And what would the prices be?

Also any other advice or recommendations on parts or mods I'm overlooking would be much appreciated.

Torque

Reaction score
Like everyone else said just go with No Limit first that way you don't purchase an intake twice like I did. I went from S&B to No Limit in the course of a year.

Latest posts

Members online