Steering issue

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I am trying to narrow down what could be causing this issue I'm having. The steering seems lose and not in a sense of a loose gear box or pitman arm joint, but more at the tire to rim area. It almost feels like the rims are floating inside the tires.( 37'' Toyo Mts on 17" Diamo rims. ) I have never had a truck with tires this big on such a small wheel so this may be a normal side effect i just don't know.

I have checked for play in the ball joints, pitman arm, gear box and tie rod.

Im thinking about taking the 35"/20s of my old ford and trying them out to see if that fixes the issue, what do you fellas think?

Truck is a 2011 F-250 with a 6'' Southern truck lift kit. 66,000 miles.
37'' Toyo Mts on 17" Diamo rims.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Found the issue I think. Looks like the pitman arm isn't all the way tight.
1a761856b0833d47a19a385b36cd2da5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ApriliaRyan

Reaction score
Damn I think you just helped me out , been having the same issue after changing a steering box twice . Mine will be fine one minute then the next the wheel just kinda goes bat**** crazy. Happened while towing my boat the other day after turning at low speed, I thought i lost a tire or the boat came free. You fix your issue??

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Damn I think you just helped me out , been having the same issue after changing a steering box twice . Mine will be fine one minute then the next the wheel just kinda goes bat**** crazy. Happened while towing my boat the other day after turning at low speed, I thought i lost a tire or the boat came free. You fix your issue??

Yes, I have tightened mine 2 times since and next time I'll be putting lock tight on it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.