Steering Issue

imelmo

Reaction score
So I'm having something of a steering issue with ZMBYKLR. I would describe it as the steering is slow reacting, then acts like it wants to oversteer. I tried adjusting the steering box but that didn't seem to change the characteristics any, just made the steering wheel feel a little heavier.

I'm guessing it is something with the steering box but want to be sure before I spend the money on a Redhead box. What else should I check?

All the axles and suspension is 2005, steering components are 2003. And this is an issue that has come up sometime between when I sold the truck and when I got it back (about a year).

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Are theball joints binding? Its lofted pretty decent aint it? I would jack the front end off the ground, pull the tie rods off the knuckles, and turn the wheels by hand see if they are binding.

colonel angus

Reaction score
Yep BJ's not too difficult to do with hand tools and a seal tool PVC works. I didn't go MOOG went with the other aftermarket. search the forum to learn the step by step also you tube videos are awesome.

Denny

sootie

Reaction score
Yep BJ's not too difficult to do with hand tools and a seal tool PVC works. I didn't go MOOG went with the other aftermarket. search the forum to learn the step by step also you tube videos are awesome.

Denny

A: may want to reword your post LOL

B: maybe want to pay attention to who the OP is before offering basic forum and tech helpful hints.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.