Steering stabilizer for 2wd?

99powerstroke

Reaction score
I was told my ball joints and tie rods are fine and I also have new shocks so my mechanic told me my "death wobble" that I have gotten a couple of times could be cured by a steering stabilizer.. I just never heard of one for a 2 wheel drive, let alone an I beam dually.. What do you guys think??

Thanks

4tonGT40

Reaction score
I was told my ball joints and tie rods are fine and I also have new shocks so my mechanic told me my "death wobble" that I have gotten a couple of times could be cured by a steering stabilizer.. I just never heard of one for a 2 wheel drive, let alone an I beam dually.. What do you guys think??

Thanks
have you checked your wheel bearings,tire balance? A steering stabilizer isnt a bad investment either way.

99powerstroke

Reaction score
I have new ball joints, wheel bearings were good.. He checked the tie rods and such and everything checked out fine.. He just suggested the steering stabilizer because of my big wheels just didn't know if they fit on 2wd or know of a kit that will work

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Like I said my e99 does have a steering stabilizer.... You could prob get the brackets from Ford and trailmaster makes a aftermarket, more hd stabilizer.

99powerstroke

Reaction score
Yes please do post up a picture.. I would like to see how it is setup...

Thanks too for all the info

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I had a stabilizer on my Factory OBS 2wd Dually.... I replaced the stabilizer twice when getting the death wobble... turns out the tire was shot...

99powerstroke

Reaction score
I looked under a buddy's 2000 f250 2wd and he had a stabilizer.. Rechecked mine and on the frame where his is connected there is another bracket that the stabilizer mounts too which mine just has the hole in the frame where that bracket must mount to. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about and also wonder if the ford dealer carries it?

Denver

Reaction score
The steering stabilizer is just a band aid fix. I'de check the castor since you had the ball joints replaced.

Latest posts

Members online