Sticky turbo?

Coposrv

Reaction score
Merging onto the highway his AM. The truck looses boost and wot rev past 3000 rpm. It shifts and drives fine up until then. Getting heavy into the throttle it just hits a wall. What do you guys think? No coolant loss that I can see. Everything looks ok under the hood. Where should start to try to trouble shoot?

Irontx

Reaction score
Probably check for boost /exhaust leaks... fuel pressure....hook up a scanner and check all the usual suspects ....

ICP
ipr duty cycle
ficm voltage
vgt duty cycle
.... not exactly in that order.... just while it's doing its thing...

Coposrv

Reaction score
Checked for boost leaks as well as exhaust and didn't see anything. Can I look at vgt duty cycle through a scan gauge?

Coposrv

Reaction score
Jut fired up the truck. IPR is at mid 20's. icp didn't register until it fired at went to 900's worked its way down to 500-600 while it warmed up. I'm heading to mass diesel and they're going to take a quick look and tell me what they think. Scott seems to think it may be a vgt solenoid.

Coposrv

Reaction score
Drove about an hour. Everything is normal. No codes nothing. Will rev no problem if I creep up on it. As soon as I get on the gas hard enough to downshift I hear a turbo fart and lose all boost at 3000 rpm. I'm sure now it's turbo/vgt solenoid related. Thought?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.