still looking for help

stroker24

Reaction score
well i still havent got my truck to the garage. didnt have the time. so i just set it aside till now. went out tonight and tried starting it. first it would crank and pop like it wanted to start. and blowing black smoke. finally after like 5 tries it fired up. and after it fired up it would run a high idle. any ideas?

stroker24

Reaction score
it dont idle right either. the idle goes up and dont. almost seems to have a slight miss. i cant get into the garage till thursday next week. thought maybe i could possibly get it fixed before then. im wondering if its the ipr.

G Racing

Reaction score
The easiest way to see what's going on is to check for trouble codes and watch live data of icp pressure, ipr duty cycle, film voltage and do a buzz test. Do you have access to a scanner?

stroker24

Reaction score
No i dont. I dont know anyone with one. I have an appt for a garage. But not till the end of next week. Thought maybe i could get it possibly figured out before then. Where could i get one?

SootPowered

Reaction score
I would say FICM issue as well. Sounded like what mine did when my FICM went.

stroker24

Reaction score
Well just got word from the garage. 2 injectors bad. 3 and 8 cylinder. the ficm is bad. and they glow plugs arent working right. think cause the intake's sucking oil out of the ccv. time for the ccv mod. find out tomorrow what the estimate will be on all the work. probably just do it myself. so ill probably be looking for some injectors and a ficm. any sponsors that can help me out just pm me on some prices on injectors and ficm. thanks.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Okay. Cause the garage told me to change them. But i dont open it up if i dont have to.

Think of it as if your radio was acting up.........its going to affect the speakers too. So before you mess with the speakers, change out the radio first and see where that gets you, but of course in this case we are talking about the FICM

stroker24

Reaction score
Haha Thats a good way to put it. I will try the ficm and go from there. Thanks guys. I Might be back with further questions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.