Still No Start

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
the p2285 code is just from you trying to start it with the ipr unplugged. stalled while driving I alway check IPR and LPOP first. you can check low pressure oil by cranking it with the oil filter out and see if it fills up with oil. to check the IPR pull the turbo and pull the ipr and see if the screen is intact.

Lassie

Reaction score
the p2285 code is just from you trying to start it with the ipr unplugged. stalled while driving I alway check IPR and LPOP first. you can check low pressure oil by cranking it with the oil filter out and see if it fills up with oil. to check the IPR pull the turbo and pull the ipr and see if the screen is intact.

:whs: but I'll add STC can seperate and shut you down too (05 - up).

SOBX

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the truck will be sitting for a few weeks. I'm going to go ahead and replace the oil cooler, delete the egr, replace the ipr, hpop, stc fitting, do the blue spring upgrade and replace the plugs on the ficm harness. I'll also be installing a coolant filter.

In the meantime, I'll be pulling it apart to clean all the oil out of the valley, clean up the intake manifold, and check out the heads. Cool thing is, we have an NDI kit at work and I'm certified. I guess I'll be training my squad on proper NDI procedure haha. If anyone can think of anything I should replace or check out, let me know. I want to be able to put another 250,000 miles on it without any issues.

SOBX

Reaction score
One more thing, why is my valley slap full of oil in the first place? Some fresh, some caked on. What are the common places for leaks that could do this?

Lassie

Reaction score
One more thing, why is my valley slap full of oil in the first place? Some fresh, some caked on. What are the common places for leaks that could do this?

Most common I've seen is the filter canister lower gasket, oil pressure switch itself, turbo feed or drain. You will replace all of these with the jobs you listed, except switch. Could also be blown hot side CAC tube spraying into valley.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.