Stock 6.7 with wide stance

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Did none of you guy's parents ever tell you "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all?"

Just because you have a forum to say whatever doesn't mean you should. Do all of you who said rude **** walk up to people, in real life, with shirts or haircuts or whatever you don't like and tell them they look like a bag of dicks?
Actually yes. Im an asshole. I've told kids their **** looks retarded in person many times. And guess what... when they say mine is stupid and looks stock I don't give a **** or get offended.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Im not a badass... I'm just straight up with people. No reason to talk behind their back. I say it out loud in front of them.

Honesty is the best policy... didn't your parents teach you that?

TripleE44

Reaction score
Im not a badass... I'm just straight up with people. No reason to talk behind their back. I say it out loud in front of them.

Honesty is the best policy... didn't your parents teach you that?

It's one thing if they ask for your opinion. If you walk around telling every single person you pass what you don't like about them or their possessions, you must be a joy to be around.

It's not about people being offended either. I know that's weird to hear nowadays, it's just keeping that unnecessary **** to yourself.

Lol, honesty is the best policy doesn't really apply to this, and you know it.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
It's one thing if they ask for your opinion. If you walk around telling every single person you pass what you don't like about them or their possessions, you must be a joy to be around.

It's not about people being offended either. I know that's weird to hear nowadays, it's just keeping that unnecessary **** to yourself.

Lol, honesty is the best policy doesn't really apply to this, and you know it.
Im not THAT big of an asshole... I dont go out of my way to tell someone their stretched 285s look like dog ****. I keep to myself until they open their mouth.

MiXiN mike

Reaction score
I can honestly say my first 24 hours on this site has been anything but friendly. I joined hoping for a site of other Ford owners willing to help and offer advice, not bash the hell outta each other over a stupid thread.

TripleE44

Reaction score
I can honestly say my first 24 hours on this site has been anything but friendly. I joined hoping for a site of other Ford owners willing to help and offer advice, not bash the hell outta each other over a stupid thread.

I struck a nerve when I posted that pic. That's why I said you'd need thick skin. There's a lot of people that have really strong opinions on the wide wheel thing. In retrospect, I wish I would've posted that I've seen someone on here with 20x10s on 35s at stock height(I can't see how it didn't rub, as mine did with 3.5" lift) and left it at that. It would've been more beneficial for you.

Upside is you pretty much got the worst of this site out of the way. Most of the guys on here are good and would help out any other member in any way they could, even the ones that were so rude about this whole deal.

WHY NOT

Reaction score

Don't run a way just yet. Certain topics on here tend to get people all in a tizzy, wide wheels blowing smoke etc etc. Even though plenty of us have trucks with wide wheels and missing the non smoking equipment. There are some very knowledgeable people on here. There are right and wrong ways of doing most things and some people don't agree with everyone else nothing new.

To answer your question about a more aggressive stance on your truck, (some people hear the word stance and just flip out). Its pretty easy to get it looking more aggressive. Leveled on some 35's with a 20 or 22x10 is a great way to do it with just a little bit of height change. If you will be towing a lot you don't want to go to big or to wide or spacers or a stretched tire since they usually aren't very safe with just the weight of the truck on them, let alone pulling a trailer. Also if you level the truck (2.5) with a nice spring and decent shocks say carli or Icon springs with some fox 2.0 shocks the truck will ride much better than stock. Ill dig up a picture of my truck with a 2.5 on some 20x10s.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures with 20x10's -25 offset. Tires are a 35x13.50 mickey tompson ATZ's. It as Icon 2.5" coils on it and a 5" rear block as I like a little rake because I do tow a lot, so I don't want to air up the bags every time a little trailer gets hooked to it. It did take some trimming of the inner fenders to clear this, nothing I couldn't get done with a dremmel tool.
IMG_0547_zpscc4526f3.jpg

How far they stick out
IMG_0550_zpscac63291.jpg

I also have pictures of the truck how it sits now at 3.5" with 20x12's and the same tires. If you want to see those let me know

MiXiN mike

Reaction score
I had planned on just keeping the stock height and going with a 20x10 wheel. I am unsure about what offset to get. I know a negative offset will stick the wheel out farther, but I am unsure what would be safe to use since I do pull a 5th wheel camper several times a year. Don't pull it full time, mostly just during a couple weeks outta the year. My wife has enough trouble getting in and out of my truck at stock height, so a lift is out of the question. Any advice?

TripleE44

Reaction score
fad131824372fe623ae8c5715f0d130b.jpg

Here's a decent idea of what my 20x10 -24mm offset on 35s looked like. Just for reference this is with a 3.5" front lift, with a 4" rear block.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
you could run a shorter tire or trim more. Most (not all) 20x10's are a -25 offset. Some you can find in a 0 offset. You shouldn't have any problems towing with a -25 offset, if thats the look you like. You could always just run a little shorter tire (probably a metric size) or a 33" tire. Also if your wife is vertically challenged you could look into AMP steps. They are bigger and drop down lower than the factory ones to maybe help her out a little. My grandma is barley 5' and had trouble getting in and out of my grandpa's stock height 150 until we put those on. Also you don't have to go this route but a forged wheel will be stronger and less prone to getting cracks than a cast wheel, but they cost quite a bit more.

jwalk09

Reaction score
OP you can do a 10" wide on stock height but stick with a 33" tire. You can do 35s but will require some trimming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwalk09

Reaction score
And you would probably be fine with a 2.5" kit and still have enough clearance for the 5er. Depending on your trailer of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Man that is exactly the look I want!!! Thanks a lot.

i always recommend at minimum a 20x10 -19 offset . it just looks so much better than a 20x9 0 offset .

dont get offended , nobody means it in a mean way, ive caught heat for mine. good thing every time i walk out to my truck i love it .

Latest posts

Members online