Stock Injector question

1BADF350

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question? I put in a brand new set of AC code injectors in my wife Excursion that I got from Jim at Rosewood diesel, So I now I have a set of the stock injectors they have a 170,000 miles on them. Question is, Can I just put new orings and crush washers on the and put them in one of my work trucks that has right at 300K miles on stock injectors? or is it good money to spend the $550.00 and have Jim rebuild these? No one seems to know when these things get weak or need rebuilt?

1BADF350

Reaction score
And just a quick heads up, yes I know the AC are single shots, Jody will be doing a live tune within the next few weeks when I get over his way. But the work trucks will retain the split shots. but will also have Joeys T-500 HPOP installed.

Strokin Platinum

Reaction score
I'd say bite the bullet and have them rebuilt for peace of mind. My stock ads went out at 170k miles the truck wouldnt even start. Another guy i know around here had his stockers go out at 180k . It would suck to get them switched out and 10-20k later they take a crap on you. Do it once and be done.

TARM

Reaction score
No one can give you a direct cut and dry answer to duty life of injectors because by design they use engine oil and that is then directly tied to maintenance along with fuel quality and its filter change schedule. Whether the injectors have ever been run dry or with low fuel pressure. Have they had a RR install in the fuel system so that the #8 injector does not run dry etc....

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I have 240,000 on my stock injectors. The truck fires right up every single time and it never smokes. However, I have a feeling they are starting to get worn out. They seem to be getting louder and louder. I have the FRx so #8 doesn't get starved also.

Still, if I were in your shoes I would have them rebuilt. I have been wanting to get mine rebuilt just because they have a lot of miles on them. It would not be fun to do the same job twice in a very short period of time.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
X2 on rebuild. Or remans. I had a motor put in my 450. That has 170k on it and I wish I had put a set of stage 1's in it now but the truck is just becoming more of a headache hasn't been on the road in months .

But with that being said. I've got this engine with 170k and injectors seem fine but my other 2 7.3 engines one had 260k on it before injectors went out and the other engine had 283k on it before injectors went out. The maitence was normal/good. Nothing crazy

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.