Stock intake plenums suck

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Local turbo builder told me once make sure you have the vband on the center section and turbine wheel. Straight and not twisted to far because it makes the turbine sit side ways and hit the housing..

TARM

Reaction score
What do you mean straight andnot twisted? The camp itself rotated or the housing. Sorry I am not following

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
There is a certain point where if you have the clamp in the spot it makes the turbine wheel sit crooked in the housing... That might not be the case with the 42s but it is with my 45..

SDstroker

Reaction score
It gets tight around the oil feed flange but it does not hit. I did a bench assembly before I installed it. I will get some pics this week.

sniper_101

Reaction score
Plenums on my 00' didn't have screens when I peeked inside (didn't remove from heads). Makes me wonder if some were made without screens, or if I've already ran them through, lol.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Got it fixed & I am bored so here's some pics
Housing got a little nicked up but not bad.
IMG_3226.png

After math
IMG_3225.png

IMG_3233.png

IMG_3239.png

IMG_3250.png

SDstroker

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I spent a morning on a much needed cleaning, clay bar and waxing. Time for a engine bay clean up.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Thanks! Heres about the factory paint LINK
I used turtles trim restore. Found HERE The handles were getting faded and this really brought everything back to life.

Latest posts

Members online