stock LS

steele86

Reaction score
i had my rear end rebuilt about a month ago because the LS wasn't working.
so i went fishing the other day i had to drive thow sand the LS acted like before i re build F***ed up. but since i had it re built i have it in the snow rain and it will lock up even doing a burnout it will lock up. So why isn't locking up it the sand??????

Shootingstar

Reaction score
Their performance is really dependent on how tightly they are shimmed. Most are set loose for quite performance. I would go back and have them tighten it a little. I have also heard if you run them without the additive they work better.
I however just had the Detroit true-Trac installed in mine so I wouldn't have to mess with it anymore.

GIZMO6.0

Reaction score
I am looking into ARB's for mine. I like to know that when I flip the switch both wheels are getting the power put down.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
My only issue with ARB's on the street is if I need to accelerate suddenly I'm gonna end up with 1 tire fire unless I hit that switch. Can't beat the TrueTrac on the street. It's there when you need it without thinking about it.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Sorry maybe I should've said it will react like an open differential. Better now? Apparently you couldnt read the full sentence and only pulled that out for some reason.

And my truck is awesome. Thanks.

Betarocker

Reaction score
I pulled that part out because it says that your truck WILL spin the tire with an open differential under sudden acceleration. There is no other way to translate that. Hence my comment on an awesome truck. I'd like to see the video.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
For one I have a TrueTrac in mine so getting video of it with an open diff would be too much work. And 2, almost any stock truck with an open diff will smoke a tire if you stomp it from a stop at least in my experience. That's why I don't see where your coming from. And thank you for the kind comments.

Betarocker

Reaction score
My appologies. When I think of "sudden acceleration", I think of a vehicle already in motion. Stomping from a stop is what many, myself included, consider a "launch". Now if someone is planning on launching, and doesn't hit the switch beforehand, then they deserve to spin a single tire.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I'm glad we cleared this up. LOL I was just thinking about pulling out onto a main road or something and need to "launch" into traffic and get up to speed briskly.

Latest posts

Members online