stock manifolds

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
i was looking at a set the other day and they really dont seem like they would flow very well. Or am i just an idoit?

Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Headers are over-rated imo. A good log style manifold like the ones that mpd makes for there 6.0 and 6.4 kits I think would be a big improvement.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
There was a guy on PSN that made his own SS log manifolds.

Try searching it, I lost track half way through his build but they looked like a nice piece

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I would think so. Just make them out of a decent thickness stainless and call it a day.

The man you speak of built the sclb with the true twin turbos. Had the exhaust run under the door like and old school corvette.

Project was called WTF or something along those lines.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
To be honest, if I were to do it again I would not do headers.

The 1000$ tag is steep for the quality they produce now. I think a SS 3/16" wall log manifold would be perfect, with a 5/8" flange.

steedspeed

Reaction score

Attachments

• ManifoldDyno2.jpg
    ManifoldDyno2.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I for one saw it, but it seems that most of the cool stuff that works great on the 6.4 or even the 6.0 never gets produced for the 7.3.

Usually hear some excuse about it being a dead platform and so old that the market is no longer there......

Would be sweet once you get them into production for sure. Till then most of us die hard 7.3 guys are limited to what we can produce in our own garages.

steedspeed

Reaction score
I will be making these for sure. A good friend has a 7.3 and my welder has one too so there is plenty of encouragement going on around here to get it done.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
All of you are high, i'd do headers again and again and again on my truck's setup that doesnt see stupid EGT's like my built engine did.

steedspeed

Reaction score
I just think a 1000+ dollars for a pair of manifolds will hurt it's sales.

Did you even look at the dyno? It made an extra 250 wtq and 92 whp at 1900!!!! what else is going to give you a bigger increase in power than that for $1000? Never mind that the EGTs are going to plummet. BTW, I already have 9 sales this week and when the high HP guys start to get these running the market will go nuts. 10 second trucks are going to become 9 second trucks.

Last edited:

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Did you even look at the dyno? It made an extra 250 wtq and 92 whp at 1900!!!! what else is going to give you a bigger increase in power than that for $1000? Never mind that the EGTs are going to plummet. BTW, I already have 9 sales this week and when the high HP guys start to get these running the market will go nuts. 10 second trucks are going to become 9 second trucks.

So what's a realistic time frame to have some of these produced? Need a unbiased tester I will gladly be your guy :naughty:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.