stock manifolds

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm needing something that can handle the egts is why I want a log style... Around 2k egt aren't nice.

Ummmm..... I ran 2K+ EGTs on ceramic coated headers - the main difference from my setup to most setups is that I did not have provisions for expansion in my up-pipes - the up-pipe and header "grew" together and moved together, but was restrained without an expansion joint.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Did you even look at the dyno? It made an extra 250 wtq and 92 whp at 1900!!!! what else is going to give you a bigger increase in power than that for $1000? Never mind that the EGTs are going to plummet. BTW, I already have 9 sales this week and when the high HP guys start to get these running the market will go nuts. 10 second trucks are going to become 9 second trucks.

I meant for a 7.3 yea there forsure worth it on a 6.4 but 250ft pounds extra on a 7.3?? Not gonna happen...

QtrHorse

Reaction score
Why not? What's the difference? Edumacate me Sir!

I did not read the whole thread but are you saying that these manifolds should give you an additional 90 HP with a stock turbo and stock injector 7.3 or a full blown race 7.3 motor? I'm guessing maybe 25-35 HP with a stock turbo and injectors with complimenting mods such as a chip, intake and exhaust. The bigger benefits should better lower EGY's and faster turbo spool that might show in track times.

I would really like to see dyno runs on a 7.3.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
The manifolds on the 7.3 are not the major restriction. Its the injection system. They 6.4s have 'it' and are just hindered by crappy stock manifolds. There is 90 hp to be had on a 6.4 but there isn't 90 hp of restriction on a similar-hp 7.3 truck. However I'd love to stand corrected so please prove me wrong

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I had problems alot with headers at about 22-2300 deg. If they were cheaper i would probably try em again since its down to about 1800.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I dont see a log manifold having any more gains over a header system. In fact I bet they are slightly less.

The big problem with headers is the durability. Seems very few sets dont leak or crack with the constant hot/cold of DD characteristics.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
I dont see a log manifold having any more gains over a header system. In fact I bet they are slightly less.

The big problem with headers is the durability. Seems very few sets dont leak or crack with the constant hot/cold of DD characteristics.

Im no going with a log style for more power I am for durability reason...

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Are you having a durability issue with stockers ?

Jake@Irate has gaskets that he said are good to 3000* IIRC

Last edited:

steedspeed

Reaction score
I meant for a 7.3 yea there forsure worth it on a 6.4 but 250ft pounds extra on a 7.3?? Not gonna happen...

I also doubt there is the same gain to be had with the 7.3 but I do believe there is still a substantial gain there for the taking.

I did not read the whole thread but are you saying that these manifolds should give you an additional 90 HP with a stock turbo and stock injector 7.3 or a full blown race 7.3 motor? I'm guessing maybe 25-35 HP with a stock turbo and injectors with complimenting mods such as a chip, intake and exhaust. The bigger benefits should better lower EGY's and faster turbo spool that might show in track times.

I would really like to see dyno runs on a 7.3.

Not sure what the actual gain will be but then again, how many people would have said you could gain 250 wtq and 92 hp on a 6.4 by changing manifolds and up pipes?

Why would They do it and if they do I'll be one of your first customers.....

The secret to turbo manifolds is maintaining exhaust gas velocity. you want short sharp pulses to stab at the turbo hard and kick it into life. What you don't want is a miss shaped chamber that allows gas to go in a couple of directions and bounce up into the other cylinders adjacent as they are trying to get their own gas exhausted. My 6.4/6.0 manifold actually makes a vacuum in the other cylinders sucking the gas out as the valves open. It works the same way as an air brush sucks paint up to the nozzle. gas passing another passage in the right way pulls on it making a vacuum in the passage it merges with.

The manifolds on the 7.3 are not the major restriction. Its the injection system. They 6.4s have 'it' and are just hindered by crappy stock manifolds. There is 90 hp to be had on a 6.4 but there isn't 90 hp of restriction on a similar-hp 7.3 truck. However I'd love to stand corrected so please prove me wrong

You a comparing a cr 6.4 with a ****ty manifold the a heui 7.3 with a kind of ****ty manifold. If your expecting the same results I'm sorry but your gonna be very sad.

You will be pleasantly surprised. And I will be happy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.