Stock super duty turbo question

littleredstroker

Reaction score
How many psi should they put out, I have a fooler and 170k on the clock, I see max 25 psi is this normal? What is the most people have run outta these guys

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

TyCorr

Reaction score
yeeeep. 27 or so. I suppose if you pull the red line off the you could overspeed it and make 32 hot psi.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the two stockers i went through hit 34lbs, hence the went through part... you can pull the red line off and set the gate with spring tension on its own to 30psi and it should do well there.... btw those turbos never got over 1400* either.. tunes kept it that way.

TyCorr

Reaction score
That sounds safe lol

Oh, it's not.

With your injectors, a 38r would be working fairly hard,imo, tuningdependent of course. I'd say, even leaving a few psi on the table you are about tapped out just because the size of the turbine. It's not really worth dicking with. If it's not.enough, upgrade.

Honestly Ford should.Have offered the r code charger and ac' s as an option. High torque or something option.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Need some tuning adjustments then. I can hit 1600 in just a few seconds in my tow tune. I know I need an upgrade.... Just needed injectors and only wanted to do it once

TyCorr

Reaction score
I'm not questioning your upgrades. I just can imagine how.crispy that charger gets. It's gotta feel fairly powerful and spool QUICK. I was just the opposite. StgIIs and 38r. Tuned to 410max hp and no smoke at all. 32ish psi...I didn't drive .very long so I don't.remember exactly other than it was clear. You could get a puff of smoke from idle to.WOT but it'd clean up right now.

THETANK01

Reaction score
I usually see about 30-34 psi max at WOT. Ofcourse aftermarket wastegate and what not

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i had my stockers wg locked tight tho... never adjusted it down... btw the 1400* i hit was when i was up over 100mph...

littlered, if you adjust your wg to hold to a little higher psi it should help clear up some smoke... my 38r with the gate locked tight in my hot tune from a dead stop will blow a cloud of black smoke but after it lights it turns to a grey haze, but thats at wot tho too.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
its on the end of the actuator rod... and u want it shorter so screw it tighter... you can actually shorten it enough to have to pull it hard to get it to go back on the wg pin. then you drive it and see what the boost is then back it back down.... its kinda a pain in the azz.

Reaction score
I have pulled 42 out of my first stocker and it lasted about 10k. The second one about 350 miles LOL got a van turbo now and it is holding up pretty good. This is with 300/200s.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you can make 50. Anything over 30 is blowing thin, hot air into the motor. People pushing stock chargers farther as a sport is kinda pointless as they are out of useable boost at 30 psi.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if you can make 50. Anything over 30 is blowing thin, hot air into the motor. People pushing stock chargers farther as a sport is kinda pointless as they are out of useable boost at 30 psi.

Huh? Talk to me like I'm dumb. Are you saying the volume of air isn't there at high psi

Latest posts

Members online