Stock super duty turbo question

TyCorr

Reaction score
Huh? Talk to me like I'm dumb. Are you saying the volume of air isn't there at high psi

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure if you're joking or not. I'd say 30psi is the absolute for useable boost and safety. I know you aren't dumb. Much more than 30psi and your stocker is blowing hot, chitty air into your motor. Watch egts climb as you go past 30psi. Especially with those small hybrids.

Just unplug that red boost reference line going to wastegate actuator and control boost with your right foot. When it feels like the boost isn't gaining you anything, note the psi and use it.

If the stockers were good up high, people wouldn't buy 38r or s366.

TyCorr

Reaction score
And should I plug the red line with something or will it matter

all its for is reference for the wastegate actuator. Lincolnlockers idea is a.great one.

The air at 20psi isn't that hot, no. And its dense. When you shove that compressor out..it's.map it produces heat, ie it's.inefficient or ineffective.

Reaction score
Im not going to get in to who is right or wrong but the air is there, from a stock charger, to make 500hp but it is not good for the charger. The drive pressure to boost ratio is way to high, and you break the shaft. Saying the charger is not "effective" is a load of crap, if it was not moving any more air then you would not make any more power. You would reach the point where there is too much fuel and start choking the motor out. Can it move more air than it was ever designed to, yes, will it last long probly not. Would I recomend it to someone, probly not. But it will do it and last if you drive it nice. Both turbos that I broke, broke because i pushed them too far (stayed in it for way to long LOL)

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Im not going to get in to who is right or wrong but the air is there, from a stock charger, to make 500hp but it is not good for the charger. The drive pressure to boost ratio is way to high, and you break the shaft. Saying the charger is not "effective" is a load of crap, if it was not moving any more air then you would not make any more power. You would reach the point where there is too much fuel and start choking the motor out. Can it move more air than it was ever designed to, yes, will it last long probly not. Would I recomend it to someone, probly not. But it will do it and last if you drive it nice. Both turbos that I broke, broke because i pushed them too far (stayed in it for way to long LOL)

At what psi

TyCorr

Reaction score

First of all, you have a different stock charger unless you changed from a d66 to a gtp38. So the advice does suck. Now, your d66 will move slightly more air but not.that much.

Turbo maps don't lie. It's waaaaaay out of its map. People running modded 66's are making right under 500hp on the dyno. What kinda dyno did you make your numbers on? Oh, and I don't see your injectors in your signature either. Waddya running?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First of all, you have a different stock charger unless you changed from a d66 to a gtp38. So the advice does suck. Now, your d66 will move slightly more air but not.that much.

Turbo maps don't lie. It's waaaaaay out of its map. People running modded 66's are making right under 500hp on the dyno. What kinda dyno did you make your numbers on? Oh, and I don't see your injectors in your signature either. Waddya running?

Look at Post #13... And 507/1100 was on a STOCK E99 turbo, STOCK tranny, STOCK fuel system, other then a Walbro pump, and a T500 HPOP. I have no other mods other then the injectors and HPOP and tunning on my truck. This was on Beans dyno. I also dynoed 475/960 on a different dyno before live tuning at Beans and was 2300ft higher in elevation.

I was never running anything other then a stock charger. Even now Im running a "Stock" turbo off a van.

I never said the turbo was not out of its map. You said it was not effective, and it is or I wouldn't have made 500 on it.... but it is not efficient because of the back pressure to boost ratio. That is why it breaks the shaft. And yes the EGT's are high but they are manageable.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Companies always test a product before selling it to the public. If they dont, thats how lawsuits tend to happen.

Latest posts

Members online