Stock trans + billet tq conv.?

99powerstroke

Reaction score
I am running a 38r and 250/100 inj along with the usual mods but running stock trans and thinking right before I put it up for winter the trans felt weak.. My question is could I just put a good billet tq converter in it and maybe a valve body and it hold? I am just trying to avoid spending $4500+ for fully built one right now as I don't drive it that hard or that much..

Thanks

thuglike

Reaction score
The tc is 1100 plus valve body.. Your a 1/3 into it.

The trans is not a question of "if" it is a question of when.

You'll prob. get a few more miles out of it with the parts but I would save coin and do it right when the time comes. IMO

David N

Reaction score
It will hold yes, But will it shift right? No. I have those exact mods, and ran just a BTS valvebody on my stock tranny and converter. And after 10k miles, my converter will unlock as soon as I make 10psi of boost. And as far as my transmission, it takes a solid second for it to shift.

ToMang07

Reaction score
It will hold yes, But will it shift right? No. I have those exact mods, and ran just a BTS valvebody on my stock tranny and converter. And after 10k miles, my converter will unlock as soon as I make 10psi of boost. And as far as my transmission, it takes a solid second for it to shift.

Well...that's disheartening.

I was hoping with a triple disc TC, VB, and maybe a shift kit that it would last longer and work well. :shocked:

Did you ever have your tunes re-burnt for the tranny mods?

2006nytro

Reaction score
i would just build it now. its no fun pulling a trans more than once because ya didn't do a full build the first time. you have all winter save up and built it or do a bts imo..

ToMang07

Reaction score
i would just build it now. its no fun pulling a trans more than once because ya didn't do a full build the first time. you have all winter save up and built it or do a bts imo..

So would I.... If money wasn't an issue.

If I could sell my bike now I could use my tax returns to buy a tranny... but It's been up for sale since September and only 1 serious offer so far. Bummer.

Latest posts

Members online