Stock trans on 190/100's

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Well how old is the Fluid? Is it temp dependent? ( happens only after driving a bit or does it happen from the first mile) Did they change the toilet paper filter when they did the TC and input? What are your pump pressures? Have you tried to return to stock and see if it still does it? Gradually raise the tune (stock->tow->street->Max pwr) to see if it goes away with a lower tune or gets worse? How are your fluid temps? When you shift into 2nd and take off does it go like normal (except for the fact your starting in 2nd) and how are the shifts? Remember that when you change tunes it takes a bit for the trans to adapt but it should let you maybe see if the tune (electronics) is at fault or something else.

You could drop the pan and just look at the condition of the soleniods and see if there if there is fibrous material in them. Like someone said earlier, the clutch material would screw up the operation of the soleniods and that would exhibit the symptoms your talking about.

My 0.02$

Good luck man.

6.0bomber

Reaction score
Well how old is the Fluid? Is it temp dependent? ( happens only after driving a bit or does it happen from the first mile) Did they change the toilet paper filter when they did the TC and input? What are your pump pressures? Have you tried to return to stock and see if it still does it? Gradually raise the tune (stock->tow->street->Max pwr) to see if it goes away with a lower tune or gets worse? How are your fluid temps? When you shift into 2nd and take off does it go like normal (except for the fact your starting in 2nd) and how are the shifts? Remember that when you change tunes it takes a bit for the trans to adapt but it should let you maybe see if the tune (electronics) is at fault or something else.

You could drop the pan and just look at the condition of the soleniods and see if there if there is fibrous material in them. Like someone said earlier, the clutch material would screw up the operation of the soleniods and that would exhibit the symptoms your talking about.

My 0.02$

Good luck man.

Alright, i will get more details tomorrow. I spaced on writing the code. I want to say it said i was getting a Trans temp circuit A. I noticed that when i started driving it, the first time i romped on it i got flashing tow haul. I noticed that my stock trans temp guage would go from normal operating temps and then drop to nothing (as if the truck were shut off). I would slow down and after a minute or two the tow haul flashing would stop and the stock guage would come back on and bump up to normal operating temp. I didnt think anything of it but a loose or pinched wire.
Reverse seems like it slips as well. When i put the truck in reverse it takes 3 solid seconds before i can feel the truck go into reverse. Once in reverse and i let my foot off the brake the truck would sometimes jerk a bit as if it were slipping.
I did the trans myself. I changed the fluid (so brand new fluid) i changed the inline toilet paper filter. I Did try switching tunes, but i did not go in sequence from lowest to highest power output. I went from xtreme street to xtreme x. Shifting did not change with the tune change. The truck was immediately driven on xtreme street (gently) after i did the injectors and trans at the same time, for a day or two before i romped on it for the first time.
Im waiting to scan the truck with my buddies snapon scanner to read pump pressures. i didnt hookup my pillar trans temp guage and my SCT is reading that it is invalid....
When i did the tune changes i did do the trans learns. 0-60mph-0 two times through all the gears. Drove it nice and then gave her a bit.
I can drop the pan and check out the solenoids, i really do not know much about the internals of a 5r110. I know obviously where the solenoids are and will check for metal shavings.

ANY INPUT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
Ok. That is good info. I don't know off hand what the correlation between the tow haul and gauge mean but I think the tow haul is the "trouble" light for the trans. And a sensor actively failing will throw a code. As you said, you may have a electrical gremlin.

But. The shift taking that long is not a normal or good thing. You need trans pressures for sure. Hopefully someone smart will chime in as I am just a owner not a builder. Thanks for the Info though. It's a start I am sure.

swinky

Reaction score
The reverse deal isn't good. That's direct clutch/solenoid related.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.