Stock tune

Amstaff

Reaction score
Looking at buying a 2012 truck that is tuned. The dealer doesn't have the tuner. Do I need the stock tune if I want to use a different tuner?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking at buying a 2012 truck that is tuned. The dealer doesn't have the tuner. Do I need the stock tune if I want to use a different tuner?

need a different tuner. but the tune that is saved, will be the tune that's in it now, unless you have it flashed with ids before you tune it again .

Amstaff

Reaction score
Ok, I have an xrt pro, that'd also currently vin locked I'm gonna get that unlocked soon, unless you guys can do it. Can you pm me a price for what I need to run custom tunes? Also if I plan to stick with h&s I'd the edge cts a good monitor for the 6.7 or should I wait and get something else. Thanks

Amstaff

Reaction score
So if I tune it now then want to return it back to stock it will put the the original race tune back on not a generic stock file?

kyle.johns.9003

Reaction score
When you first load your H&S tuner you first step is to unlock you pcm/ TCM and copy your factory stock tune(s)... Than you can load your new modified tunes....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Amstaff

Reaction score
I don't know which one is right. I do know that the truck was tuned with a mini max but when it was traded in the salesman told him they didn't need the tuner. I got an xrt pro for a good deal so I used that on it so I would know exactly what tunes I have. Now I'm thinking about going to am ez lynk or Spar tan but may sell the xrt before I actually buy one and was planning on just returning it to stock thinking the d pf off tune would go back on it.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Am I out of line to think the dealer should make sure the truck gets flashed to stock before buying? Then again, I'm not a fan of buying used trucks that have been tuned.

sootie

Reaction score
What will happen if it is the stock tune? It's up to the dealer.

re install the emissions equipment or just retune immediately with your ez-lync.

better yet, forget tuning with the xrt at all, just drive it that way it is currently until you get the new tuner you want. The ez lync will save whatever tune is on the truck and reinstall it when you return to stock later. to my knowledge, H&S is the only one that overwrites the original tune.

jetskier

Reaction score
The ez lync will save whatever tune is on the truck and reinstall it when you return to stock later.

The EZ-Lynk does NOT save a copy of the original tune. Your tuner will share a "Stock" tune from their cloud to flash back, but it's not a true "return to stock". I was disappointed to learn this as when I had to "return to stock" when one of my tuner's tunes was out of whack. The '13 trans buzz was the telltale sign when it was still present. The real stock file doesn't do that.

If it does save it, I haven't found the menu in the app to do it.

With my H&S, when I returned to stock, it was the stock Ford file.

So I'd imagine you could just leave the tune in there and the EZ-Lynk would take care of the rest with the custom tune when you get to that point.

UpstateDieselGuy

Reaction score
To the best of my recollection, H&S used a random OEM Calibration when you returned to stock as well. I used a Mini Maxx on my old 5.9 and after I returned to stock I no longer had the ability to raise the idlenwith cruise control. This was something that was enabled in certain calibrations by the dealers.

Amstaff

Reaction score
Originally it had a tune on it from a mini maxx but with it unplugged it goes to the no power level. I wanted that one back because it ran alot smoother than the tune from the xrt pro. Now i believe the xrt pro needs the firmware updated so I'm waiting for a sd card so I can. Hopefully with updated firmware it will run smoother again. I want the ez lynk or sp art an but I'm now not sure when I am going to be able to get it, unless I find a really good deal on a used spa rtan.

Latest posts

Members online