Street manners of Swamps BFH

isootmypants

Reaction score
Currently have Carsons T4i with 66/74/1.15, FFD 250/100s. Looking to step up but not sure if I should swap out the t4i and get a T4 kit with a s400 base turbo matched with 300/200s or maybe 400/400s.

Spoke with Vozar for 20 minutes about sticks and turbos for my truck, said to speak with Carson about getting the 66/74 made into a 74/74, which is almost Swamps sledhammer, matched to 3/2's.

Matt said the BFH lites around 2k and says it hits hard up top, as expected.

My question here,( yes Ive read A LOT of threads), which will be the best way to persure this...

I drive it on the street
I tow occasionally, trailer with 2 quads, MAYBE a truck once in a blue moon.
Getting bored of the 250s and 66/74
Yes I know a larger turbo wont be as responsive on the street and wont lite as quick
I want to get thrown into the back seat like a kidnapped 18yr old, yet have the reliabilty and decent street manners

Anyone have any experiance with the BFH, or a big t4i turbo?

Or is it easier and more cost effective to switch to a t4 set up and go from there with a s475 with a 1.0 housing and 4/4's?

golfer

Reaction score
the BFH will need some shifting adjustments (if auto) to be responsive on the street...but when it comes on boost...it's retarded.

I would highly recommend going with the 200% nozzle...the 100% is not nearly as clean or as powerful as a 200.

I'm daily driving our 400%'s on my Excursion...(up from 200% about 4 weeks ago)...definitely took some tuning adjustments...but even the 4s are clean enough to daily drive (after about 20 tune revisions, LOL).

I'm running 200%'s on my 6speed...and it's clean as a whistle with our 6674 turbo...knocked down 18.5mpg a tank ago...typically in the low/mid 17s..

..and if you don't like the 200% nozzle + BFH turbo (with our tunes)...I'll refund the turbo...and step you down to whatever you want...it's a bad ass combo.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Thanks Dave

So a 3/2 or 250/2 stick with the BFH?

Its an auto, BTS. I just bought the chip burner from you guys today so I can email back and forth the get the trans tuning quickly fixed.

I spoke to Patrick about the pulse width on the TC but thats another story.

Recommend the 74/88/?

TARM

Reaction score
Well hard to beat that offer. The 200s wil be good no matter the turbo and with Davew offer on turbos not sure you could go wrong.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Well hard to beat that offer. The 200s wil be good no matter the turbo and with Davew offer on turbos not sure you could go wrong.

Yea, he might as well throw it in the same box the chip burner is going in! haha. Ill be ordering that thing a soon as I find out what Im doing with my injectors

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I believe my S475 is the same league..

I will 2nd Daves opinion. Slap a set of 400/200s in there and a 72+mm charger and hold the *** on. I drive mine daily and like Dave said I made shifting adjustments daily. Luckily I have the PCS so its simple for me.

I have a tune from 907Dave on here that I drive daily, get 14-16mpg with town/hwy, egts are manageable low smoke output I would have no problem hooking to a small trailer like a little boat and it ran 12.44...

Shifting is going to be huge in whether you hate or love it. At first I had shift points from my s471 and 250s and I needed to tweak it, dont get me wrong it does take a little bit of driving around the turbo when merging etc. But Im 95% happy with it. Some things you just got to live with, with a turbo thaaat large..

Your rear tires will hate you though....... :evil

Marty

Reaction score
If you're interested I have an S475/88 Billet wheel 1.15 T4 with batmo cover for sale............

6 hooks and 3k miles or so on it. I have not seen over 50 psi on it. TJ Bauer is who I bought it from, idk how much he saw but the turbo is fine.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
If you're interested I have an S475/88 Billet wheel 1.15 T4 with batmo cover for sale............

6 hooks and 3k miles or so on it. I have not seen over 50 psi on it. TJ Bauer is who I bought it from, idk how much he saw but the turbo is fine.

It was never on his truck I believe. Bought for himself then went with a 66 for pulling instead.

Latest posts

Members online