Streetmax Turbo Arrived - DIY Tips?

JRLott

Reaction score
I think he was speaking for when it was to the floor lol. Settle down there chief haha. I can't wait to install my dual fueler this Friday myself...

I guess I'm not coming across the way I'm intending. I'm settled. Not making fun of him, you, or anyone else for adding fuel. Sorry if I came across that way. That justification is simply funny to me. It's not like you're spending thousands of miles with it at 100% duty cycle in normal driving.

I have a turbo that can provide more air than I have fuel makes perfect sense to me as you're leaving power on the table by not having another pump. Once added you'll be fully prepped for an even bigger turbo!

bpan

Reaction score
I guess I'm not coming across the way I'm intending. I'm settled. Not making fun of him, you, or anyone else for adding fuel. Sorry if I came across that way. That justification is simply funny to me. It's not like you're spending thousands of miles with it at 100% duty cycle in normal driving.

I have a turbo that can provide more air than I have fuel makes perfect sense to me as you're leaving power on the table by not having another pump. Once added you'll be fully prepped for an even bigger turbo!

Are you suggesting that we should not be WFO all the time? Damn I've been doing it wrong!!:doh:

dsmracing1

Reaction score

All good brotha, I wasn't sure to be honest either haha. Yep, sure is nice to have more air than fuel. Can't even get the truck to smoke with the streetmax 65.5 on the performance tune with the stock 14 CP4 lol.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
mine smokes like crazy with this PIP street tune at the initial throttle hit as well as if you catch the truck lagging in a higher gear and then floor it to down shift. i don't mind smoke just rather not be that guy who or have the DOT man see it

dsmracing1

Reaction score
mine smokes like crazy with this PIP street tune at the initial throttle hit as well as if you catch the truck lagging in a higher gear and then floor it to down shift. i don't mind smoke just rather not be that guy who or have the DOT man see it

I run a non VGT trans file from Morgan. Really keeps it in the sweet spot instead of lugging it, which will cause excessive smoke...

1800bigk

Reaction score
Just installed my streetmax this weekend, thanks for tips bpan!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullet 21

Reaction score
How is the streetmax on smoke? My 363 SX-E smokes pretty good if you lug the engine or go WOT. It clears up for the most part once above 2100 rpm or so.

Just normal driving it doesn't smoke much at all.

Last edited:

1800bigk

Reaction score
Smoke changes with tune for me. Using ndash here and some tunes don't smoke but warhammer tune smokes big time if I floor it in a high gear

The sound is best part for me. I've wanted that turbo sound for so long and was so disappointed that these new trucks didn't have it with stock turbo. Now sounds right and the performance boost just icing on cake