Stroked 7.3

Big Bore

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of this was going on. I know someone was selling a crank for this, think it was House. Seems like I also heard of regrinding the crank off center for this.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
House had one with a 1/4" more throw if I remember correctly. If I was to do it I would cut and weld the throws as far off center as I could, weld on extra counterweights for a "full circle" crank and then probably have a deck plate built to extend the bores if I couldn't take care of the extra throw by piston work.

Big Bore

Reaction score
House had one with a 1/4" more throw if I remember correctly. If I was to do it I would cut and weld the throws as far off center as I could, weld on extra counterweights for a "full circle" crank and then probably have a deck plate built to extend the bores if I couldn't take care of the extra throw by piston work.

Deck plate has been rolling around in my head for awhile.

I was actually rethinking this idea based on my desire to raise the rpms at least to 4000.

I've got engine performance ADD I think. LOL

dirtboy25

Reaction score
Is that like a double dog dare?:pimp:

More like a tripple dog fire dare...

But when you guys talk about a deck plate to extend the bores, you talking about putting longer sleeves in too? I would assume that the seam would reek havoc on the rings.

Sorry if that's common sense, just asking.

That just sounds like a lot of work and $$$ to get 4k rpm's.

Wackerjr

Reaction score
man how things keep coming full circle in the 7.3 world .. arias has made pistons, Cunningham I believe made rods...but why 4k is easy without it all.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Could be some of the reason mine has an oil pan that is split in two. But i could run it to 3800 on any given day and ran fine. When it hit 4100, i had accidentily hit the od button and was messing around with a buddy one night. It didnt shift when i layed into it and backfired, looked down and the rpms were around 4100. Didnt do that again. Lesson learned. Now im getting a small turbine engine and a huge 30in hood stack and calling a quits.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
4K is like easy....... hell mine has been over 5600 several times unless my recall tach lies - but it doesn't. Hell it was always 4200 - 4800 launching it with the pulling sled in tow every weekend for a long time.

Gearhead

Reaction score
The Cubic Inches aren't what's holding back RPMs...

Damn, I think that's the first time i've ever used 2 contractions in the same sentence in adjacent words.....lol

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
:walkin:
4K is like easy....... hell mine has been over 5600 several times unless my recall tach lies - but it doesn't. Hell it was always 4200 - 4800 launching it with the pulling sled in tow every weekend for a long time.

:whs: I've had my puller at 5k a few times.. Not saying it makes any power there but it's been there... And gearhead is right the cubic inch isn't what's holding us back.

Latest posts

Members online