Studs 1 at a time

Mbatten

Reaction score
Have you replaced bolts with studs one at a time and what is involved. my a 6.4 truck has not puked and dont want to pull cab will this work?

mortal798

Reaction score
Yes, it can be done. Check the stickies for the write up. I plan on doing mine in the summer.

BFT

Reaction score
I can't find the write up, but I'm sure someone will come up with it. It can be done though.

cory151

Reaction score
Is it much easier with a lift? I get the impression that if you work on these trucks much you need to become very familiar with pulling the cabs. I guess the good thing about that is basically once the cab is off everything is drastically easier.

MorganY

Reaction score
Extremely easy with a lift. Cab on should be your absolute last resort if you cannot get access to a lift. For your first time it will take you roughly 3 hours to pull the cab. Pulling turbos cab on for your first time (unless your Shane lol) may take you up to 5 hours.

Mbatten

Reaction score
I don't have access to a lift H,G's R still good just wanted to do this for insurance.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I would rather stud it with a good seal. If the seal is good 1 at a time is my call. Did it and it worked great for me. On spray.

Smokyred

Reaction score
I would rather stud it with a good seal. If the seal is good 1 at a time is my call. Did it and it worked great for me. On spray.

My vote as well, gaskets with miles and a good bite will hold better than fresh gaskets and newly machined surfaces.

Did it on my last truck and it's the plan for this one.

Dave

capt dong

Reaction score
i see thanks fellas.

how can you be totally sure the hg is 100%?

my engine might have puked once after egr delete and a coolant flush. after that ran a pressure gauge off the overflow line from the degas and never hit over 12 psi. stomped on the go pedal several times since and havent puked. for some reason my fuel mileage decreases by 1-1.5 mpg on the 300 hd in 100* heat.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Fan clutch was more then likely locked in putting more load on the engine.

Sent from my x2 somewhere

Mbatten

Reaction score
Going to do studs next sat should I buy pushrods and rockers truck has 94000 on it what do you think? Doesn't sound bad but have heard rockers go bad .

Mbatten

Reaction score
Or what would you do wile you were there?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online