Studs/ gaskets cab on?

2mcclr

Reaction score
I know there are a few guys out there that have done studs cab on with success but is there anybody who has pulled the heads and done new HG's with the cab on? I don't mind doing the work myself to save some money but I don't have access to a lift. Any and all input is appreciated! Thanks.

Gunnnin

Reaction score
Im wondering the same thing.

The only one I can think of is maybe White monster. He has done many things cab on that nobody else has tried.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
It was successful... Just a long tedious process ... Had to do some hammering on the firewall drivers side, used a die grinder and cut a small hole in the heater box with a die grinder and was able to slide the stud into the box, then into the head on the bottom passenger side ( not my idea) and then epoxyd it shut. Removing and replacing heads was a 3 man job with no hoist. Took probably 25 hours

sent while looking at a hole in my block

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I takes a little more time, but def doable. Ive done it 4 times on different trucks myself. Along with help from Shane "White monster" talking me though it. Alot easyer if you can have a buddy help with lifting. I never cut or dented anthing. you can get by without doiing so.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I takes a little more time, but def doable. Ive done it 4 times on different trucks myself. Along with help from Shane "White monster" talking me though it. Alot easyer if you can have a buddy help with lifting. I never cut or dented anthing. you can get by without doiing so.

I'm.assuming by removing the heater box and jacking up the motor after removing motor mounts ?

sent while looking at a hole in my block

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

i never cut or dented anything either.

JuststrokeIT

Reaction score
I did this a few months back it's definatly not a bad job at all once you get down to it hardest part was the up pipes which I ended up just torching off and buying Rudy's custom up-pipes for 6.0 manifolds. I pulled the heads with the manifolds and part of the uppipes still attached to help grab n pull up didbt loosen the motor mounts or anything else and didn't dent or break anything along the way. I even put the new manifolds on the head before install as I'm sure it's a real pita to put them on once the heads on on the passengers side. 2 of the head studs have to go in with the head when u reassemble it I used zip ties to hold them in place so they wouldn't fall down or catch on anything but other than that it's pretty much straight forward

FN74

Reaction score
Just did Cab-on gaskets and studs myself and I gotta say it wasn't so bad- But I started off attempting to pull the motor and wound up doing what amounts to a cab tilt. To do again I would say I could knock it out in a weekend. Not really a write-up, but here's a few pictures and what I did- Good Luck and don't be scared!:D

Operation "Yank-It"

2mcclr

Reaction score
Glad to hear of all these good results! I think it's a little crazy what shops charge to pull the cab. Especially when most of them can get it off and back on in just a couple hours.

Latest posts

Members online