Stuttering on top end

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
I got my truck back together and have about 2800 miles on it so far. And the other night while getting on it I noticed it stutters right about the shift point like it bounces almost like a rev limiter. It's holding 23-24k on rail psi at the point it does this. It almost resembles the valves floating but it has rcd valve springs. It throws no codes or nothing. Does anyone have an idea what else I could check. Could an injector going bad cause this?

sootie

Reaction score
what is your fuel pressure on the low pressure side

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I think that it could be tune related, but check base fuel pressure too like sootie said.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You would tend to figure so but it could be putting small air bubbles in and its too slight of a drop that the monitor doesnt catch it.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So this is something new then? Or have you just not driven on this tune this way before?

If its something new i would definitely be checking for a failure instead of tuning. I was under the impression that the tunes were new...

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
In theory yes, i wouldstart with base pressure though. If possible i would also make it happen when doing a power balance tosee if an ijector is dropping out.

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
:whs:
Also, VGT move freely?
I've seen them do some funky things when they lock up.
I think you best shot is gonna be to try to duplicate the problem with an IDS so you can look for irregularities. Nothings worse than throwing money at something that might be the problem.

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
I still haven't got to test the low pressure fuel. But I have noticed when it's stuttering it starts smoking worse. The rail drops to around 20k. And when I go to a lower tune it don't do it at all. And the issue seems to be worse when the motor is hot.

Jbird

Reaction score
I have this problem but i have a small exhaust leak at the manifold so i figure it was related. Mine seems to only do it at mid throttle 3 or 4th gear. I have an sct so no way to monitor rail pressure. Seems fine under wot and isnt a very hot tune either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk