Sucking or blowing sound in the cab

Schondo

Reaction score
I have a 2001 F-250 and when it is at cruising speed and your not accelerating but you still have your foot on the accelerator to maintain speed it sound like there is a sucking sound or a blowing sound in the cab. It also feels like you have no power for a few seconds when you do want to accelerate again.
Any ideas?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Had a response written that would have probably not been very professional, so lets just go with this one.... :)

More than likely that sound is from your back pressure valve. There is a way to stop it. Look under your turbo for a wiring harness and unplug it (forget about it)....see if the sound goes away.

Schondo

Reaction score
Had a response written that would have probably not been very professional, so lets just go with this one.... :)

More than likely that sound is from your back pressure valve. There is a way to stop it. Look under your turbo for a wiring harness and unplug it (forget about it)....see if the sound goes away.

may not have been professional but those are some of the best responses

Is that the only wiring that I am going to find there??? I will try this as soon as I get home

CSIPSD

Reaction score
What Derek said. Its your EBPV. Unplug it and your issue will go away.

Clean your EBP sensor and the valve should work properly again.

99powerstroke7.3

Reaction score
exhaust brake presure valve thing drove me nuts go to get on the highway in traffic and truck would fall on its place first i unpluged to avoid happening now that turbos off i gutted pedistal and removed flap from turbo

Schondo

Reaction score
ok, so I am not sure if it really makes that much of a difference but the sucking sound seemed to have stopped and i didn't get a chance to do anything...about the only thing that has changed is that it has warmed up outside some... is there something that I just need to replace for running during cold weather?

7.3 Cowboy

Reaction score
Your truck has warmed up and doesn't need to close the ebvp anymore wich in return makes the sound to away

Latest posts

Members online