Suggestions needed for rebuild #2!!!!!!

windrunner408

Reaction score
Great advice on the flow testing. Hope my mechanic knows about that. He always seems to want to replace everything first. What is proper procedure for flow test? Thanks.

This would scare me if I were a customer. Mechanics who just want to throw parts at a problem (merely based on some personal experience or gut feeling) are nothing more than shade tree mechanics and any swinging dick (that can turn a wrench) can throw parts at a problem but you take your truck to a supposed professional technician to properly diagnose a problem and fix/repair what isnt right not just "Oh the injectors are probably bad because that is what i see so often so let's replace them". JMO

I hope everything works out for you.

vcassens

Reaction score
This would scare me if I were a customer. Mechanics who just want to throw parts at a problem (merely based on some personal experience or gut feeling) are nothing more than shade tree mechanics and any swinging dick (that can turn a wrench) can throw parts at a problem but you take your truck to a supposed professional technician to properly diagnose a problem and fix/repair what isnt right not just "Oh the injectors are probably bad because that is what i see so often so let's replace them". JMO

I hope everything works out for you.

:whs: I wold hate to see you have to do this again in a couple of months because this so called mechanic does not no what he is doing. A mechanic like this will only cost you thousands of dollars in the end. Just because a mechanic is cheep dose not mean he is the best option myself I wold rather pay a shop 5k to do a job once then to pay one 5k total to do a job 5 times that is a lot of down time with no truck. I hope you get your truck back and done right this time with no issues

sly1types

Reaction score
I just had the exact thing happen also...btw you can reuse the ARP studs you just need more lube.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.