Suggestions please, please chime in with suggestions and things I may have forgotten.

GotStroke

Reaction score
I'm currently stock, minus a S&B cold air, 5" Diamond Eye exhaust, H&S Mini Max with Gearhead tuning, Snow performance MPG Max kit.
(Mentionables 6" four-link, on 35x12.50R20 with 3.55)

weekendwarriorfsw32 is helping me with this :toast:

Adding:
Elite EGR delete
Elite 71/59 turbos Tow Power
Elite Zmax intake manifold
Elite 6.0 manifolds and up pipes
Arp head studs
Smith brothers push rods
No limit intake
No limit I/C pipe
Down pipe
CCV dump/ maybe Venturi

Not looking to put anything crazy, I know a a Fass pump, Trans and intercooler would be good choices but those are on the back burner for now.

If You think of anything important that I might be forgetting please chime in.

Thanks.

sootie

Reaction score
looks good. very similar to mine.

i would strongly recommend traction bars of some sort and oh-start saving some dimes for a trans...

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
I'm going to be pulling the cab off of Clint's truck in two weeks or so and I told him to post up his build and see what else you guys were thinking. All we're attacking this time is the top end. In 6 months or so I will reseal the bed plate and throw some coated international pistons in it. Was throwing around the idea of Elite 60 hp nozzles but it's so hit and miss if the stock HPFP can maintain pressure that for right now I think we swayed away from that idea.

GotStroke

Reaction score
I do have traction bars but I'm not come rely happy with how they are mounted, ill know after this time around if they are working :popcorn:

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I think would probably do the 72mm atmo from elite and use that money to put towards the tranny

GotStroke

Reaction score
I considered that but that would be just a drop in the bucket for a trans that is built to hold what I want it to. My money saving tactic is to use the stocker until I can't, lol plus I've been told the aftermarket anything over the factory high side is good for power but not so much for towing.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Id ditch the Snow kit and sell it. They've proven to be next to useless on 6.4s

+1 on this... My buddy almost hydrolocked his motor with his kit too...

Side note... AWESOME build!!! She's going to run so damn clean and cool. Thats almost exactly how I'd do it if I had coin.. :toast:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I'm going to be pulling the cab off of Clint's truck in two weeks or so and I told him to post up his build and see what else you guys were thinking. All we're attacking this time is the top end. In 6 months or so I will reseal the bed plate and throw some coated international pistons in it. Was throwing around the idea of Elite 60 hp nozzles but it's so hit and miss if the stock HPFP can maintain pressure that for right now I think we swayed away from that idea.

You not worried about cracking the block by doing the studs more then once?

Let him bear the palm who has won it

GotStroke

Reaction score
It seems to work on mine, before with the canned tunes it would defuel about 85, after the snow kit it pulls until I let off. And stays below 1450-1500. Hopefully it wont get hot enough to kick in good. I've been running it for about 25K. I was told it cleans your internals up but we'll see. If its not doing that I will consider dump it for a small kit to give it a kick and cool it down.

GotStroke

Reaction score
+1 on this... My buddy almost hydrolocked his motor with his kit too...

Side note... AWESOME build!!! She's going to run so damn clean and cool. Thats almost exactly how I'd do it if I had coin.. :toast:

Thanks, that's the plan, cool, clean, fast :redspotdance:

black6.4

Reaction score
You not worried about cracking the block by doing the studs more then once?

Let him bear the palm who has won it

Mine cracked within 5000 miles of the first time it seen head studs on a 55000 mile motor i think if its gonna happen it doesent matter......same old second stud from the back on diver side....pulled the stud and filled with a thread sealant and done.....cheap insurance give it the sealant the first time and save the wonders

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Ok seems like I had read that a lot of these guys cracked em after the 2nd or 3rd stud job. I may be wrong though. If mine cracks I am going with a built short block. Thinking about just buying one to leave on the engine stand. I know I am going to kill a block eventually.

Latest posts

Members online