Suggestions?

Seven.Three81

Reaction score
What is a good set of injectors an hoop for a daily driver but I tow with heavy loads of cattle. But I really want to liven up my 97 7.3. Any suggestions I have cold Air not sure about intercooler. I have ts chip goes to 140hp. 3" down pipe 4" rest the way out. New tow tranny with ats 5 disk converter mid stall with tugger shift kit an the ate lock up commander.

97 7.3 ATS diesel

Seven.Three81

Reaction score
I have large tranny cooler from ats an there's electronic fan on it. But my egt temp sensor is after turbo an my gauge reads up to 1000 without a load witch is prolly a Lil hot haha an since its after T prolly add another 200 300°? We have a ranch an my dad has stock 6.0 with EGR delete I put on it an my 7.3 will keep up with him an I can pass him under load of cattle an he gets the aluminum trailer while I run the longer heavyer steel trailer.

97 7.3 ATS diesel

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I have a 1997 7.3L farm truck that I use to haul cattle and am looking to improve its performance. It currently has a cold air intake, 3" down pipe with a 4" straight pipe exhaust and a TS 140hp chip. I have recently installed an ATS 5 disc convertor, a Transgo tugger kit, and an ATS lockup Commander. It has the large ATS tranny cooler with an electric fan on it. I have my EGT probe installed after the turbo and it runs about 1000* empty. I can easily out pull my dad's 6.0. blah blah blah.

1) I'm really interested in injector upgrades. What would you recommend?

2) Since my EGT gauge is post turbo - how hard should I push it? What do you think my pre-turbo temps might be?

97 7.3 ATS diesel

Do you see how that can all be one post and be made to be easily understood? That will get you the assistance you require around here. Not trying to be a dick, but 4 posts with scattered information and a derailed thought train is just flat painful and this is not the first time you have posted like this. We want to help, but help us help you.

Seven.Three81

Reaction score
Do you see how that can all be one post and be made to be easily understood? That will get you the assistance you require around here. Not trying to be a dick, but 4 posts with scattered information and a derailed thought train is just flat painful and this is not the first time you have posted like this. We want to help, but help us help you.

I'm new to this

97 7.3 ATS diesel

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
There is also an edit button that allows you to edit and add to your first post. That way you don't have to make 4 or 5 posts. Take your time making the first post and we will be able to help you much easier.

m j

Reaction score
what do you want to spend?
how much turbo do you want to use?
the beauty of these engines is you can tune any injector down.
if I wanted to do a mild build I would go with a new stock 17° hpop and 238 hybrid injectors.I would have to do more research to choose 100% or 200% nozzles

the canned 140 tunes do not make near that on a 97 due to small stock injectors, iirc the difference between 100 and 140 is more in the transmission programming then in engine hp

Seven.Three81

Reaction score
what do you want to spend?
how much turbo do you want to use?
the beauty of these engines is you can tune any injector down.
if I wanted to do a mild build I would go with a new stock 17° hpop and 238 hybrid injectors.I would have to do more research to choose 100% or 200% nozzles

the canned 140 tunes do not make near that on a 97 due to small stock injectors, iirc the difference between 100 and 140 is more in the transmission programming then in engine hp

Thanks for your input. Im going to open check book. I want to get good parts not half a** it. For turbo use i guess not really sure how to answer that but there are alot of winding hills an long tall pulls. What is the degree of a stock hpop. What will a 17° do. i really wana
Wake my 7.3 up without breaking tranny input output shafts. My 7.3 has 106,000 miles on it know.

160/30, efuel, intercooler, modded h2e, good 17* hpop

Would like to intercool it.

97 7.3 ATS diesel

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
-160/a nozzle of your choice (from a REPUTABLE builder)
-Bosch 17* HPOP
-E-fuel
-Intercooler (DIY or pony up for a kit)
-66mm drop in turbo (Beans/Barder/Dyno Proven/Vision Diesel)
-Custom tunes

Hands down the best hp/$ setup you can do with an OBS and be reliable.
Oh, and move that pyrometer to the manifold. This isn't the 90's

Seven.Three81

Reaction score
-160/a nozzle of your choice (from a REPUTABLE builder)
-Bosch 17* HPOP
-E-fuel
-Intercooler (DIY or pony up for a kit)
-66mm drop in turbo (Beans/Barder/Dyno Proven/Vision Diesel)
-Custom tunes

Hands down the best hp/$ setup you can do with an OBS and be reliable.
Oh, and move that pyrometer to the manifold. This isn't the 90's

Reputable builder?

97 7.3 ATS diesel

2000wa250

Reaction score
How the hell has no one corrected egt placement....

Good god man...move that egt to the drivers side manifold before you melt a piston or two...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2000wa250

Reaction score
Well ****.

In that case....has the op been informed of the existence of the search function?

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Well ****.

In that case....has the op been informed of the existence of the search function?

:shrug:

Judging by the redundancy of his posts I'll just lump him in with dsberman and the oil filter guy.

2000wa250

Reaction score
Aren't they the same...****...

Righty tighty lefty loosey....everyone's knows that..

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Aren't they the same...****...

Righty tighty lefty loosey....everyone's knows that..

Except for lug nuts on late '90's International class 8 trucks apparently.
Wish I would have realized that before I destroyed the threads with a 1" drive breaker bar and a 6' long cheater pipe

Latest posts

Members online