suncoast 4R100

TARM

Reaction score
Check out the cost and then compare that to what you can get from BTS. You will always do better with BTS from everything I researched. To get a tranny they are going to warranty to hold with performance mods its going to be $$$$ and you will never get a warranty like BTS

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Good friend of mine had his suncoast fail after 30K, truck was an 01 chip, terminator,ts, and h2e. Stock injectors. They told him no warranty. So he bought a BTS the next time around. They laughed at him when he was looking for any knid of help. Was a full built sincoast with all the goodies they had. I would stick with BTS.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I wont say bts or jw since that is NOT what you are asking. You can buy a suncoast trans and it.might be good but im not real confident they can or even want to build a 4r. As evidenced by what someone posted above. Although I have a.little trouble believing.a chipped pmr truck ripped the guts out of a fully built.anything.

My experience started with word of mouth and endex here:
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5197

The guy I spoke with on behalf of my friend Darren at suncoast was an a$$hole and.told me "good luck" getting a powerstroke to 500hp.

Choose wisely!

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Had a buddy who went threw 6 suncoast trans in his truck... Quit talking to the dmax guys get a freaking bts and be done.

OSCS

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would buy anything besides a BTS they're the only people I have never heard anything bad about.. Plain and simple you won't find a single negative comment regarding BTS

TyCorr

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would buy anything besides a BTS they're the only people I have never heard anything bad about.. Plain and simple you won't find a single negative comment regarding BTS

Getting somebody to.call you back there can be frustrating. Nothing to do.with his product but I got fed up and put mine on hold because when Im waving 5 grand in someones face and they wont call me.back I can get perturbed. I still want his trans though.

Ultimate trans in Boise(garden city), idaho is doing some interesting stuff with autos. They are mostly dodge guys but the guy I talked to was helpful and also had lots of knowledge. They had a good warranty too...

OSCS

Reaction score
Yeah I hear you on the no call backs.. I experienced the same but if another builder can't match a lifetime warranty I wouldn't do it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah I hear you on the no call backs.. I experienced the same but if another builder can't match a lifetime warranty I wouldn't do it.

Now the.other day I heard that you have two or three years to break it. Outside.of.that you have to pay for part.of.the repair which would include about a.thousand.bucks to ship it. His warranty is exceptional either way but.whats.the.real.deal?

Jw is too overpriced,imo. His racetrans is 7400+. Thats a lot in my book.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
don't know for sure on his warranty but when you buy a bts you get the same trans as everyone else that has one... as in my trans that is set up to hold 500hp is the same trans the 1000hp guys have. only diff is that he has different settings for the hp you plan on running. even adjusts shifts as to the tire size you will run or plan on running...

on topic of a suncoast, good luck, some hold decent and some explode.. get a fully built suncoast for near stock hp levels and you should be ok...

Last edited:

TARM

Reaction score
Just keep calling until you get someone. Tina and Patti are the ones usually answering the phone. They are stupid busy. I have called and not gotten anyone called right back and gotten someone. But I can say of all the times I called I got someone on the first call more than 1/2 the time. This was during a time period where the wait was 6 months!!! Others may be able to build out of the parts they can get but that is just one more reason why BTS is different as he has so many parts that are of his own design and custom made out of custom alloys. He uses a lot of 300m although he told me he has found another alloy for certain parts that seems to hold up even better.

This is all he does. The 4r100 Others are more generalists. They work on all kinds of trans. What does it say about Brian in that he can be completely back up with orders ALL the time and all he does is ONE type of trans. Hmmmmm The more I learn about transmissions thanks to my talks with Brian the more I learn why the 4r100 is such a desirable trans. 6.4 guys are swapping out to these. When people do cummins swaps what are they running? 4r100 not a dodge usually not even a A1000 Brian got the wheels turning in my gearhead mind about how these things work and I have to say its quite interesting. You start to understand why some trans no matter how much beef up the parts seem to not work as well

His warranty is a handshake. Remember those days where a mans word was his bond, maybe not. He is a throw back to those times. IIRC it works out like this 2 or 3 yrs( can not recall which) shipping, parts, and labor are covered after that parts and labor are fully covered and you pay shipping. That goes with the transmission not the person. Its hard to understand but with him its something you just do not need to worry about. I can not think of even one individual that has had an issue with a failure that was not covered with one of his trans.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Everybody has brought up.great points. I suppose its.a good thing Brian is so busy. I could have gotten one shipped and Cary got me a build date but I wanted to ask some.questions first hence the calling. Im getting.the.parts together to put stock suspension on and run 33's. Then Ill drive down there.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
I was there when my brother in law had his trans done. It's kind of a zoo. I seen a customer bring in a truck OBS that had the trans done quite a while back. The customer backed his boat too far in the lake, took some water in the trans. Brian was going to take care of it. Why not sure. Stand up guy, and a very busy place. Especially the phone.

TARM

Reaction score
But ya know what. When you do get them on the phone you would not know they have phones ringing off the hook. They treat you (at least me) like I was the only person that mattered at that time.

Latest posts

Members online