Suncoast's transgo shift kit

Reezy71x

Reaction score
Transgo tugger HD-2 kit. Need some more information about it, recently did it and getting some responses telling me to remove it. What are your guys experience with it?

madman1234509

Reaction score
Some say the pressure relief can malfunction causing a relief in too much pressure. I had the same concerns when building my trans. I think the only thing we ended up using our of my shift kit was the heavy duty snap ring

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Transgo tugger HD-2 kit. Need some more information about it, recently did it and getting some responses telling me to remove it. What are your guys experience with it?

You the dude on fb?

Reid@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
I used this kit way back when...anyway it was on a six liter, I never liked it. Had a local guy build a trans with it years ago. I had the same issues you were explaining, where it would blow off the needed pressure to shift. I eventually melted the clutches together because it was releasing that needed pressure at higher RPMs. The shifts feel like a stock trans, not much of a shift kit at all as described above. I tried removing the kit when I first started the problems ,but it is drilled and tapped into the pump iirc. I tried plugging it and all, but it just went downhill from there with heating expansion leaks and so forth. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Members online