super duty head studs

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
What Ken said.

And its really all in the tuning. Back in the day the quote unquote said level was usually 40psi ish.

There have been guys running more... And guys running less before a failure or not.

To be honest with the coin your shelling out, and by having to ask Im guessing your going for 450+ HP whats another 700$ for the piece of mind.

TARM

Reaction score
I would do the head studs next and while you have the VC off go ahead and do the valve springs and if you can afford the push rods as you will have the access. Then you will know you have everything set under the VC for perf. I am sure some of the BP that turbo has created has taken what are likely now very weak stock valve springs past their limit so that is a must IMO. At least its just a small price compared to studs.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
What Ken said.

And its really all in the tuning. Back in the day the quote unquote said level was usually 40psi ish.

There have been guys running more... And guys running less before a failure or not.

To be honest with the coin your shelling out, and by having to ask Im guessing your going for 450+ HP whats another 700$ for the piece of mind.

This is very true. I just recently installed studs and prior to installing, I was hitting 42 Psi on the street, no issues

Sent from my EVO 3D on the East Side

Big Bore

Reaction score
This is very true. I just recently installed studs and prior to installing, I was hitting 42 Psi on the street, no issues

How often did you do that and for how long and what turbo? Very interesting when considered in conjunction with whats being reported on a stock forged bottom end.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
How often did you do that and for how long and what turbo? Very interesting when considered in conjunction with whats being reported on a stock forged bottom end.

Not very often, but occasionally on the street, and occasionally at the track. Did this with my current setup w/GQSSB

dietoremain

Reaction score
H11s are a great investment if you are gonna put some real power down. ARP ain't bad but definitely not as well made as the h11s they're pretty much indestructible.

Latest posts

Members online