Super duty intercoolers in 1995 OBS

BDS

Reaction score
The intake horn will work but youll have to swap to all the SD turbo, pedistal, drivers exhaust manifold, SD up pipes, to get the SD intake spider to work. The early 99 intake spider is the way to go if your using the OBS charger setup....fab up mounts and pipes and trim your rad support a bit and you will have it.

ryanss22

Reaction score
The early 99 will as it was still 2.5" the late 99 went to 3" and like said the late 99 and up setup requires alot of work.. for the time and $spent swapping over, I'd just go with a t4 setup..

Justin.D

Reaction score
I don't know what the year cut off is for the plastic vs aluminum tanks, but I know that there are aluminum end tanks in 00 and 01 trucks from personal experience. I think they ran aluminum tanks till the 6.0.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
they didn't run aluminum end tanks until the 6.0, but i'll agree that they are intermittent through 01, I've seen numerous build dates with both, everything that I've seen after '01 has plastic, get your hands on an aluminum one if you can.

Strokersace

Reaction score
they didn't run aluminum end tanks until the 6.0, but i'll agree that they are intermittent through 01, I've seen numerous build dates with both, everything that I've seen after '01 has plastic, get your hands on an aluminum one if you can.
The 6.0 never had a factory ic with aluminum end tanks. Never. The all aluminum ones were from e99-01ish. As you stated the plastic ends started sometime in 01 and were used from there on. That includes the larger 6.0 ic.

idshred

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the intake "spider" for early 99's? I can't seem to find one anywhere..

Watch the classifieds closely here and other psd sites. I wouldn't say they come up for sale 'regularly' but they aren't uncommon either.