Super Loud spool

SSP6

Reaction score
So, im new here! as I mentioned in my new recruit thread I bought my wife an 03 excursion 6.0. had a clogged oil cooler, replaced it. along with an XDP EGR delete, MBRP 4" TBE, and a S&B intake. it has an SCT Livewire too, I run the OTS street tune. wife is in love with it, however, the turbo spool is soo loud now that its border line painful with the windows down. is this normal with the S&B intake? I know the exhaust is leaking, I didn't tighten it all the way because the cat delete pipe was backordered and I wont have it until tomorrow, and I didn't wanna hafta tear it up removing it. any help is appreciated.

SSP6

Reaction score
right now its not straight piped. still has a cat and the mbrp muffler.

04 f350

Reaction score
An 03 6.0 is notorious for the turbo whistle, alot of people love the sound. I had one in mine before I switched out an it was def loud, I can't imagine it being that loud with the cat and muffler still in place tho...was it that loud before you changed the exhaust or did it come wit the exhaust system already on ?

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I had my truck strait piped for a couple months before I swapped to the later style turbo. I couldn't take it, and my neighbors complained so it was a must. I also installed a stack to try to throw the sound up instead of directly at my neighbors house.

When I had the a cat still on my early 03 turbo it was very tolerable, cat & muffler, damn near silent. With a 4" it may be a little louder. You will not hear the loud whistle because of the S&B intake, intake creates more of a wooshing sound. The whistle is generated from the veins in the exhaust housing, so it could possibly be the leak that you have. IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.