SuperArmor for the Superduty

TripleE44

Reaction score
I really like how you tried to mimic the stock bumper and grille, I've been wondering why someone hasn't done something like that and just made it more heavy duty like you did. Only thing I would say is the same as a few other people, the grille thing needs to have something inside of it. Seems like if you already made the frame part you might as well throw some expanded metal in there or something.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I like this one.
IMG_0548.jpg

Oh wait, did we put that on upside down?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I do, but it's a long expensive process, so I'm probably not going to offer a multitude of them. Unless I figure out a faster/easier way to do it.

Next truck will be the current F150.

After that I don't know.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've got to do some more learnin' with my rendering program, haven't used this feature in a few years and it's changed.
But this gives you the idea anyway of what some of the different options would be even if the rendering is kind of crappy.

A simple rendering of the winch bumper
SecondRendering.jpg

No wings
3rdnowings.jpg

No wings or hoop
3rdnohooporwings.jpg

Non-winch, no wings or hoop
nonwinchnohooporwings.jpg

I've got a few other things to do today, but this afternoon, I though I'd take a stab at forming a horizontal bar. Might try some verticals too and see how they look.

zack birge

Reaction score
That is flat out awesome! Looks good man. I would definately put one on my truck no doubt. Is that a ARE shell on your truck?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I ought to mention, that I'm a OEM for VisionX.
The LED's that this thing is meant to fit are VisionX and they have a wide array of cool LEDs we could fit in the bumper for customers so it would come all tabbed up and ready to mount.

I'm thinking the big air inlet on the Winchless model or the two inlets on the Winch model. Either would be perfect for one / two of these.
Xmitterprime_Showcase_1.jpg

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Wow! I like the no wings or hoop, looks almost identical to the stock bumper. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Sent from the Bayou

zack birge

Reaction score
What don't you like about the leer? I'm looking to get one but want the style similar to yours with the full glass sides. I want a rack for the top also

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I don't like the whole rear glass slam latch setup. Also the fit to the body leaves a gap you can fit your thumb into around the body.

I wanted the swing up side glass and finally got tired of waiting for ARE to come out with one for the SD.

Mine has a rack mount track. Just have to get attachments for it.

Anyway, water under the bridge.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
I like your ideas and I think it looks good being close to a factory looking bumper.

A few options for top bars and you should make most people happy.

Sent from a lawn mower

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Made some progress on the project today. Hoop and wings are tacked up and we Mounted it!

I've decided to paint to match the truck. I think that'll look best.

Also, lower valance is not on, you'll have to use your imagination. Long as you are doing that, you might want to imagine the 2wd valance.

Thought you'd like to see the pics.
SARealIso.jpg

SARealIso2.jpg

SARealTop2.jpg

They'll finish welding tomorrow and get it off for paint.
I expect to have it finished and installed sometime next week.
:pimp:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Very sharp. I just thought of something though. To change head light bulbs you have to take the grille off the truck and to do that you have to tilt it forward to get the tabs loose pop the grille loose. It would be a major pain to take the bumper off the change head light bulbs.

Over all though it looks great, for some reason I don't care for the wings they don't look bad, but I don't think they look as good as the hoop does so maybe thats why I dont care for them. I like it better than anything else on the market though

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I guess that could be another way, but I am pretty sure the manual says to remove the grille. As long as there is someway to get to it. It would be really cool if you could make it tilt forward and use it like a step to work on/in the engine bay.