SuperArmor for the Superduty

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Pictures of the the production prototype of the: SuperArmor Winch Bumper.

I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Winch1.jpg

Winch2.jpg

Winch3.jpg

Winch4.jpg

Winch5.jpg

Winch6.jpg

Winch7.jpg

I drive all over the country.. free advertising for you if I got one for the front and rear cheap. Lol!!

live life full throttle

Last edited:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
That is the first aftermarket bumper I've ever liked. Been looking at replacement bumpers for the last 10 yrs and never installed a single one due to the NON - FACTORY look. Sign me UP

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Chrome stands up way better to crappy northern winters. You can always buff it out. Tough to buff up rock chipped paint.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yes very true. Paints nice. Chrome is hard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Oval, I've been thinking of a solution to this and think I may have a way to do it. However it'll add to the cost which is already overrun. But if the customer wants it I think I can provide a solution.
There's also the option of dual center bars. I think cost and weight it might be a wash.

Personally, I'm going to replace the grill. I think the single clean bar looks the best, maybe with a stainless mesh grill. I'm open to suggestions.

My father said he wants two vertical bars in the center. I guess there's options here for the customer.

Tight fit. Yes I agree, too tight. However, having said that, I found a tighter fit than that between the bed and the cab, that's factory design clearances.
Also, our jig system was such that the bumper came out more square than the truck was.
There's a good spot measure on the front end (cab to frame) and we found it 3/8" out of equal side to side. Loosened the cab bolts and adjusted the cab perfectly evenly to the frame, suddenly the bumper fit perfectly.
I still grant you the design is a bit too tight and needs another half a finger's width clearance in one spot. The rest is dead on now.

Time frame, I think I can get the first batch done in 8 weeks.

We will produce bottom only variants and cost will be a lot lower on those. There's just a ton of time in fabrication in that upper. And the wings and center bars...omg, so time consuming. So much detail.

Finish, I think my favorite finish is going to be 'raw, let the customer finish it'. There's a number of advantages to this. Shipping, if it's finished it'll have to be bubble wrapped and crated, this will add a lot to the shipping cost compared to banding it to a pallet. This will allow a 'test fit' before the final finish is applied in case anything needs adjusting. I think paint or chrome will yield the nicest results because there are fillers for both those processes and none for powder coat. Getting the raw metal to have a perfectly smooth finish will be nearly impossible. I think with paint you can just 'wipe it' with filler on all the welds very quickly and get nice results. IMHO a good quality paint job will last every bit as long as powder coat. Color matching with powder coat is just not there. I've heard some people say you can color match with powder, I've talked to several places and they admit the process is just too different from body paint to expect a good match.

cost...it's going to be half again the highest prices are I've seen for bumpers for the full out mack daddy hidden winch bumper like is shown in the above pictures. I know I stated my goals were sub $2k range, but it's just not happening right now with this level of fabrication. Maybe I can simplify the design to reduce cost. I did it with my own two hands, I know what it took to build.

Don't worry folks, I'm a perfectionist and if nothing else, I can promise you the very best quality possible for your dollar.

Last edited:

dsberman94

Reaction score
There always the option of line x or rhino lining color matched to either the truck or the two tone or just black. Obviously just going to cost more.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
There always the option of line x or rhino lining color matched to either the truck or the two tone or just black. Obviously just going to cost more.

Good option for lighter colors.
My experience with color matching bed-liner materials to dark colors other than black (ie red, blue, green) is that the sun fade like a beech.

Reaction score
How hard would it be to make it look like the flairs continue down the sides of the bumper?

---Clayton
2002 eclb 7.3- for sale
1990 Chevy K1500- for sale
race truck- in the works
2003 Subaru wrx wagon- new dd toy
sent from the sh!tter withTapatalk2

JMart

Reaction score
Pictures of the the production prototype of the: SuperArmor Winch Bumper.

I'll let the pictures do the talking...

[ATTACH=full]131832[/ATTACH]
[/QUOTE]

What the F is that monstrosity in the background?

Latest posts

Members online