Supercharged 6.0 project "Road Rager"

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Looks cool wayne, sure wish I was able to pull this off on mine, that lower pulley is awesome

Coposrv

Reaction score
This is a cool project but I'm curious how the blower is helping off idle power? I'm running a ysi on a 4.6 gas engine and Its the laggiest power adder I've ever run. I've had an si trim and a novi 2200 before the ysi and they were better but not by much.

Wayne

Reaction score
I should have some driving vids by next week. Just finished some transmission work, and changing up piping a little so it'll quit blowing boots apart when the engine is at peak boost.

valvetick

Reaction score
I should have some driving vids by next week. Just finished some transmission work, and changing up piping a little so it'll quit blowing boots apart when the engine is at peak boost.

I've always wanted to throw on a supercharger feeding a decent sized single and see how it does. I feel it would be perfect for towing and keep EBP way more in line versus a compound kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

Reaction score
This is a cool project but I'm curious how the blower is helping off idle power? I'm running a ysi on a 4.6 gas engine and Its the laggiest power adder I've ever run. I've had an si trim and a novi 2200 before the ysi and they were better but not by much.

The YSi is not "laggy", it is a big very stout blower. It leans towards the "too big" side for a 4.6 IMO. 5.0 guys that run them seem to be able to run them easily, but per the old chart on Vortech's site, they recommended like a minimum of 350-400 rw n/a to drive that blower with.

Coposrv

Reaction score
What I mean by laggy is that the centrifugal blower by nature increases cfm with rpm, (I know there's a few different step up ratios between manufactures but they're relatively close). The last time I was on a dyno I wasn't making nearly anything until around 3200-3500rpm. I'm not bashing the set up I'm just curious as to what is happening to cause boost to come in so soon. The blower is ingesting ambient air and feeding the turbo if I can understand this correctly. I'm genuinely interested as to how it all works because it looks like it does, and does well.

Wayne

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/9MJmkTcQ1IQ

Off idle to WOT IN 4X4. needs more tuning, especially with shift points. This is in Utah in front of Miller Motorsports park. It's about 4400' elevation. Blower feeds the turbo, and due to size difference, blower peaks at around 25 psi into the turbo, with total boost as high as mid 90's. The happy place is about 3300 rpms with the turbo fully lit. Still hoping to hit the Dyno once the Tuning is a little more refined.

Extended Power

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/9MJmkTcQ1IQ

Off idle to WOT IN 4X4. needs more tuning, especially with shift points. This is in Utah in front of Miller Motorsports park. It's about 4400' elevation. Blower feeds the turbo, and due to size difference, blower peaks at around 25 psi into the turbo, with total boost as high as mid 90's. The happy place is about 3300 rpms with the turbo fully lit. Still hoping to hit the Dyno once the Tuning is a little more refined.

What are you seeing for EGTs on wot runs?
Some tuning for that off the line smoke might be required.:shocked:
Looks like she rips pretty good!

Wayne

Reaction score
When it gets past about 3700 rpm's the haze comes back, and it can't burn all the fuel like I'd like, so that's when it gets hot., like 1750* peak. That, and when it lugs before the turbo is fully lit it can sneak past 1400. This is on a full fuel tune, mind you. There's still a lot of tuning to be done, but between 2500 wot and 3500 rpms wot it peaks at about 1350. I suspect it'll do better at low altitude.

Wayne

Reaction score
I can't remember for sure, but I believe it's a PT7675 CEA with a .98 housing, GT 42 style. It's the atmo turbo left over from the compounds installed at Elite. I'll probably gate it down to about 80 psi max boost just to keep it more reliable.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.