Superduty cab swap

isootmypants

Reaction score
Picking up clean 11/99 crew cab xl 7.3 4x4 floor shifter auto cab to swap onto my 4/99 lariat 4x4 floor shift auto dually. Tips and tricks? How hard?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Both auto cabs and 99 then it's straight forward as it gets. You will need to strip all the wiring from lariat cab to keep the power seat, over head console etc...

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
If you are not familiar with all the wiring, make sure you label then as you remove them. Besides that, I have done a few and they are pretty straight forward.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Picked the dually up with a knocking motor, needed brakes, and pretty rusty. Got it home, pulled the bed, replated the gooseneck, new brake lines, front calipers and rotors. Caylon brought up a minty bed from Tennessee. Pulled the motor, installed forged long block with springs, studs, 250/100s and homemade regulated return. Found a cheap, local, and surprisingly rust free. Pulled the cab off the old frame, cleaned it up. Began stripping the lariat and got the old cab off. Swapped everything from the Lariat to the XL. Got everything swapped in 3 days. Picking up hood and fender this week. Just need new windshield, tint, got new flow pro waiting to get put on. And maybe 22.5s. A 38r or h2e kit is in the works if I find one cheap enough.

image.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_5.jpg

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Man i need a shop, you're having way to much fun. Looking good
So the blue motor is a stock bottom end engine?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

isootmypants

Reaction score
Yea. Just a stock 117k mile forged motor. 250/100s, shimmed 910s, used h-11s. Stock 270k mile turbo haha. Thing instantly lites, it's funny

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Yea. Just a stock 117k mile forged motor. 250/100s, shimmed 910s, used h-11s. Stock 270k mile turbo haha. Thing instantly lites, it's funny
Already driving it? Nice. I bet it lites no problem. I'm sure we'll see vids on IG shortly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score

I loved my 250/100s with my early 99 turbo lol. Thing lite crazy fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1badpsd

Reaction score
He hooked the waste gate line back up when we were finishing up the engine install and didn't tell me, we take it for a test drive roll into it and almost instantly hear the waste gate opening and were both like wtf is that noise (we run non gated t4's on everything). Pull back in his drive and that's when I seen the line hooked up and knew what the noise was, I think we'd have grenaded the charger if the waste gate had been unhooked lol

isootmypants

Reaction score
Aight, question. Sunday, everything was working well, fuel pump turned on when key was on, blower controls worked and battery light was not on and was charging normal. Yesterday my dad was home and was messing with trans linkage and he said he pulled the truck up, letting it idle, he noticed no fuel pressure and battery light was on. He checked some stuff and saw fuse popped in engine bay fuse panel. Battery light went out. Then he messed with the ignition and the fuel pump kicked on. ( the ignition is not factory, it's some old style chrome one ) I get home and check it out, battery light on again, no charging. I throw and alternator I had that I know is good, still have battery light, and now the blower controls aren't working. I had to get to sleep and now at work, just wondering if there is any tips or someone has encountered this before. I'd like to get home and check it out

Latest posts

Members online