superduty hpop on 94-97 7.3

tocker5691

Reaction score
i was wondering what benefits if any there are from putting a superduty hpop on as an upgrade from the stock hpop on an early model psd? what are the specs of a stock one to superduty to like the andrenaline pump? any input appreciated. :ford:

Reaction score
I switched over about a year ago. Much stronger up top-pulls all the way through the rpm range. If you have an early year (94-95) i think you have an issue with the drain back. 96-97 its a straight bolt up. If your going to stay stock or even stage I's its worth while--any bigger and you should look at the adrenaline, terminators stuff or the srp1

Tom S

Reaction score
I switched over about a year ago. Much stronger up top-pulls all the way through the rpm range. If you have an early year (94-95) i think you have an issue with the drain back. 96-97 its a straight bolt up. If your going to stay stock or even stage I's its worth while--any bigger and you should look at the adrenaline, terminators stuff or the srp1

It will also improve throttle response. SRP1 is on hold for a while for a minor redesign to fix and issue.

tocker5691

Reaction score
appreciate it rollingthunder, i do have stage ones in it currently and it runs pretty well but i can tell im pushing the stock hpop a lil hard so instead of upgrading to the adrenaline i was curious to the superduty pump. i think if i can find one ill put it in but i dont run my truck but on the weekends so its no big hurry. whats the issue with the early 7.3 drainback? and has anyone ever had any issues with the low pressure oil pump goin out of the truck. mine hasnt "yet" but just lookin forward to prevent future issues.

Reaction score
The design of the front cover is different between the early and late OBS trucks. If you want to use a 17 degree pump on an early cover it will drain back. Some of the aftermarkey pumps can be purchased to take care of the issue. There might be some alternatives to put the 17 degree pump guts into an early HPOP housing, but I could be out-to-lunch on that (I don't keep up with all the HPOP stuff enough). Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online