Swamps CR 7.3

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I heard somewhere about a 950hp single turbo CR 7.3 thats still getting some love and isn't done putting power out yet :D

Very happy for Scotty! Hat's off to Dave and the boys. I got no love for 7.3's but this is way cool

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
I saw the beast in one version personally. I got excited in a couple ways.

Last edited:

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Just when ya thought a p-pumped 7.3 sounded bad ass, they went and did it. Lol I am not much for 7.3s either but that does sound BA!

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score
I only saw the motor when I was down there a while back but not in a truck

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

bluedge8

Reaction score
very cool!!
I haven't followed too closely, but, will this eventually be a top end kit, or will it require mods to the whole motor?

Petro

Reaction score
very cool!!
I haven't followed too closely, but, will this eventually be a top end kit, or will it require mods to the whole motor?

I would sure think youd want to mod the whole motor, If your gona spend that much on an injection system I would assume You would want the supporting mods to go with it.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I would sure think youd want to mod the whole motor, If your gona spend that much on an injection system I would assume You would want the supporting mods to go with it.

agreed, but, I was thinking local work for the bottom end, then add a "cr kit" to the top. either way I'll be cheering on those who actually do.

Viking

Reaction score
Could the common guy afford it....I wish but probably not.

Common as in debt up to your eyeballs? Or common as in only debt is house?

I say this kit will be about 20k when all is said and done. Pure performance and street at the same time!!!!

powerSmokin

Reaction score
So if you were to buy a clean ass superduty or obs for 5-7k would it be worth it as opposed if you were to buy a newer truck? That is the question I am asking myself since the kit could be 20k!

Wayne

Reaction score
Another company's conversion kit I saw used a bunch of parts from a duramax, and had different valve covers as well as injector body shaped plugs that converted the hole to fit a duramax injector. All that's left at that point is injector rails, supply lines, pump fitment, and electronics. Mount the pump in the hole where the Hpop used to be, and away you go! So simple, even a caveman can do it, right? Unfortunately you're still stuck with a 7.3 block and heads, but for the guy with deep pockets wanting a super reliable, efficient 500+ hp daily drivable 7.3 this could be the ticket. ...or just buy a newer truck, and put a chip and exhaust on it.

907DAVE

Reaction score
but for the guy with deep pockets wanting a super reliable, efficient 500+ hp daily drivable 7.3 this could be the ticket. ...or just buy a newer truck, and put a chip and exhaust on it.

:lookaround:

Nice work guys, can wait to see one lay the smack down on all the "cool kids".

TyCorr

Reaction score
Where are people getting 20grand as the price? I think you are being a little wishful. Id say 30k+. Especially if you factor in the bottom end it will take to hold that kind of power. This injection system will produce power levels, through tuning of course, that will decimate most bottom ends out.there. CGI blocks and billet EVERYTHING would have to be used. A bedplate like swamps offers would be a.must. No girdle.

If you're thinking "I just want it to run a 500hp dd, reliably." Id say for the 40-50k dollars it would cost to get a motor and inj system in a truck you'd be money ahead to get a 6.4 and do.as.Wayne suggested.

Now if you're crazy enough to do all this and run 800hp as a dd truck, Ill be cheering you on.

Latest posts

Members online