swamps hvhf idm..

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
is there a diffrence in what they are doin now and some of thier older ones..
i ask because i see alot of ppl tht like the ones the are getting recently from swamps and i have an older one....

is there a diffrence or no?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
As long as yours is the high voltage AND high frequency mod, your good.

Although they can change up with frequency they are doing and I am not sure if they have, I wouldnt think it would be a big enough difference to matter.

How old are you talking?

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
4-5 years...
there is a date on the side but i would have to pull it to remember..

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
As long as yours is the high voltage AND high frequency mod, your good.

Although they can change up with frequency they are doing and I am not sure if they have, I wouldnt think it would be a big enough difference to matter.

How old are you talking?

I'm inclined to agree with this post.

As long as its the hfhv IDM, I doubt there's been any changes to them. At least none that I've ever come across. A little email to swamps asking this question might fare better, but I bet you get the same answer.

golfer

Reaction score
is there a diffrence in what they are doin now and some of thier older ones..
i ask because i see alot of ppl tht like the ones the are getting recently from swamps and i have an older one....

is there a diffrence or no?

Matt~

I don't show you having purchased an IDM from us/Swamp's...do you happen to have a receipt? It should show whether it is/was HV or HV & HF

We've been doing the HVHF modifications for (many) years...

If the unit is more than 3-4 years old...it may not have the HVHF modification...if you'd like to send it in for verification (assuming you don't have an oscilloscope to measure the waveforms yourself)...

print/include this completed form with the IDM.

http://swampsdiesel.com/files/RMA.pdf

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
Matt~

I don't show you having purchased an IDM from us/Swamp's...do you happen to have a receipt? It should show whether it is/was HV or HV & HF

We've been doing the HVHF modifications for (many) years...

If the unit is more than 3-4 years old...it may not have the HVHF modification...if you'd like to send it in for verification (assuming you don't have an oscilloscope to measure the waveforms yourself)...

print/include this completed form with the IDM.

http://swampsdiesel.com/files/RMA.pdf

hey dave... it was ordered i think by express tire & lube in scottsville ky..
i can try and get the date off the side of my idm if tht would help...

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've seen some compelling evidence of 30whp on the dyno with the hvhf swamps idm, and heard nothing but great things about it. I just wish I could ahold of even more dyno plots so I couid pull the trigger too.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I agree! But I think some dyno plots showing the curve and how the idm put the additional power into it is compelling as well

chris1978

Reaction score
Holy CATBALLS !

Ok, so maybe Ill hunt for a spare.

Chris, you gonna make it down to mission this year ?:gun:

Is the track still open?

I'm driving down to Annacis Island to pickup another engine and to Abbotsford to pickup a donor truck for my other project on the 15th.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Is the track still open?

I'm driving down to Annacis Island to pickup another engine and to Abbotsford to pickup a donor truck for my other project on the 15th.

Track is closed I believe. I was meaning more or less next year lol. Sorry for the confusion.

PM sent.

Latest posts

Members online