Swapped out wire harness and PCM today...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Doesnt matter, its locked to your laptop... give me your password and I will use it... LOL

Arisley

Reaction score
Doesnt matter, its locked to your laptop... give me your password and I will use it... LOL

Close, the cord is actually locked to the disk. You can install it on as many computers as you want, but it will only work as a pair.

You can get a replacement connector Joe, give AE a call, they replaced mine with no questions asked. I even (modified) it because I had to have it working.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have nvk4 pcm and I got rid of my aih. The wires are even cut and the whole thing is gone out of the spider. Got a plug in the hole. No SES.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
No, I have not had time to mess with it really. More then likely I will just open up the harness again and add resistors to the required wires. If you have not deleted all this stuff then it should not be an issue.

I just find it weird that in my PMT truck with all these things and more deleted I have no codes like this...

dietoremain

Reaction score
Odd, my truck has no AIH or EBPV and it throws soft codes, but no dash codes visible.. yeah just stick a 470ohm resistor n the wires and call it a day.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have a brass safety valve that opens at 20 psi...Can I use this so the computer doesnt see more than 20psi? Or is this a misguided idea? Can it be addressed with tuning?

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Do all the EX's have the GPCM? I just bought a 2000 picking it up today. I have a NVK pcm. I can get a wire harness.

TARM

Reaction score
To my knowledge all the 7.3 have the GPCM.

I have all that stuff off mine and it only triggers soft codes. With the resistors in I get nothing soft or otherwise.

wiring a dash mounted active light was a great idea.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

I have all that stuff off mine and it only triggers soft codes. With the resistors in I get nothing soft or otherwise.

How were you able to wire a light without a GPR?

TARM

Reaction score
That was in response to what CSIPSD did when he swapped to the GPR.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

All Excursions, and Cali (2000 and up) pickups have the GPCM.

With the PMT PCM and correct motor harness I have no codes at all now.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Do you have the PATs system on your Excursion like the '02's and '03's...

Couldn't you rewire the PCM harness to use a PTM?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Do you have the PATs system on your Excursion like the '02's and '03's...

Couldn't you rewire the PCM harness to use a PTM?

I did not change the PCM harness, I only changed the top of motor harness, which allowed the use of the GPR.

The PCM change was to allow the GPR to work.

PATS system doesnt work for chit anyway. And with the TS chips its disabled anyway.

Copracr

Reaction score
I'm nvk4 with soft codes only too. If I remeber correctly I think the pmt's are the sought after ones. You could sell yours and get the nvk4 and be done with it. And it wouldnt really matter if you're chipped anyhow.